Online now
Online now

Why not state your location?

ButterfliesAndCuffs​(sub female)
2 years ago • Nov 17, 2021

Why not state your location?

Just curious why people don’t state your location besides generally like just the country. Is it just because you’re looking for online only so it doesn’t matter?
It’s so much more difficult to find someone within an acceptable distance.
I understand if you have your pic on here and you are trying to be more private, but so many profiles have no pictures or location. Fill me in people! Why?
LadySusweca​(dom trans woman)
Most probably want to play online and not really take the risks of real bdsm.

Pics may not be put up for a variety of reasons like family, their job, or other friends, not finding them here.
Zhivago
Zhivago • Nov 17, 2021
Austin, TX
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
Maybe they don't see here as strictly a "dating site" perse so don't feel the need or maybe have all their needs sorted out and just wish "community/support/knowledge/events etc" if your not looking, does the location really matter.

Or they joined to check it out with the thought of, if it suit "MY PERSONAL" needs, I do it later or share more later. More often than not, profiles not filled out to some extend are testing the waters or moved on. Many see online as throw away, you just make another when you need it. I know on a lot of sites I moderate/own, when you see the back end of the Admin panel most joining have done so more than once.

Edited to add: I actually hate it when location and age isn't listed...As I think these two things are paramount to conversation or potential dating or even casual play.
    The most loved post in topic
ButterfliesAndCuffs​(sub female)
I should have added that if you’re not interested in finding a partner it’s understandable not to put a location. I’m more talking about when I do get messages from interested doms but they’re profiles give me no pics, location, or age. I understand not all 3 on a profile but give me something or send it with your first message. It’s pretty basic info. lol
SirsBabyDoll​(sub female){Pizza+☕}
For some, it just may be that to THEM, distance doesn't matter.

It could also be that they are overly cautious about sharing personal information. (Guilty as charged).

It could also be that they encourage people to get to know THEM, as a person first and to discourage people just trying to find the "closest piece of ass" to their area.
SweetSirRendering​(sub female)
i don’t state location because i am cautious and find it important to protect my privacy online. if i want to share more i will, but this gives me a choice. this has never been used as a dating or hookup site for me, so coming up in searches was not a desire.
Miki
Miki • Nov 17, 2021
Not lookijng to meet anyone so my location is unnecessary.
MrVesper​(dom male){Not Lookin}
2 years ago • Nov 18, 2021
the most hated question online is a/s/l.

online it doesn't matter where you are, what your sex is, or age. However--i have been guilty of asking *hangs head in shame*

Maybe they want to avoid being targeted. I personally like the members who are in antarctica. who knew antarctica had such a large BDSM community? maybe i should move there?

Long Island NY btw.
Cressida Clytie​(masochist female){Taken}
2 years ago • Nov 18, 2021
I used to put my exact location in here. But unfortunate events happened that there were users here that was banned by the admin who formed a cult and made a site to mock some of the users here in the cage who didn't supported them in their "battles".

Not trying to open old wounds again but a LOT of users here were mocked and humiliated. Took our personal details in our profiles, blogs, forums. The worst that they did is they also took pictures and used it in their website. Scary right?

There is no doubt that I don't look like a person from the west. But the people I mentioned not just mocked me but the entire Asian community. Lol.

If new acquaintance wants to know my location I will be happy to share on a private conversation once trust is established.