Online now
Online now

Are slaves also subs?

SubtleHush​(sub female)
2 years ago • Dec 3, 2021
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Dec 3, 2021
WytchyWoman​ "And there is yet *another* hard truth you've just introduced. Those who come to these forums and blogs choose the roles they WANT the rest of us to see and are overjoyed that they have 100% control as to how they portray themselves."

It's called 'Headlining'. I think I heard it in a sermon about avoiding depression from comparing yourself to others. You only get what the other wants you to see. Not the whole of a thing, not the unflattering parts, just the best parts to draw you in.

I am sure I do this as well from time to time because I think we all do, it is the mainstay of social media for sure.

I don't much care how others headline. But one of my best conversations with a long-time, highly respected slave friend of mine, at a MAST meeting, was the day she said. (paraphrasing here)

"I don't care what your level of devotion or years in. I don't care how much you have elevated your slave heart to his will. There are always "what the fuck" moments. Oh, you may spring into action and execute your commands well but in your head? Some small part of you is asking, why on Earth do I have to do this thing, in this way at this time of day?"

What she was doing was admitting that the best slaves never lose touch with who they are as people. They simply prioritize it differently than vanilla people do. I can relate as I feel the same way about what I bring in submission.

I have so much more respect for those who admit their own challenges and failings and humanness than the air-brushed version of super slave too many try to sell here.

I will also say this. The deeper you go the deeper you go. So absolutely living Ms 24/7 is very different from any other form of MS. Just as real-time interactions are very different from long-distance no contact. I'm sorry if some want to think otherwise but you know what? They don't get to set the bar on what constitutes depth to others.

slavejashine​ you were abundantly clear if narrow and presumptive and there is plenty of boneheadedness to go around so by all means, embrace your share- wallow in it until your fingers get all pruney.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
2 years ago • Dec 3, 2021
SubtleHush wrote:
It's called 'Headlining'. I think I heard it in a sermon about avoiding depression from comparing yourself to others. You only get what the other wants you to see. Not the whole of a thing, not the unflattering parts, just the best parts to draw you in.

I am sure I do this as well from time to time because I think we all do, it is the mainstay of social media for sure.

I have so much more respect for those who admit their own challenges and failings and humanness than the air-brushed version of super slave too many try to sell here.

slavejashine​ you were abundantly clear if narrow and presumptive and there is plenty of boneheadedness to go around so by all means, embrace your share- wallow in it until your fingers get all pruney.

One of my ex husbands is a licensed psychiatrist AND a licensed forensic psychologist *and* hypnotherapist as well. I got the full spectrum of official mental health terms embedded in my lexicon in that 15 year marriage. Bottom line is that "headlining" = GASLIGHTING. icon_wink.gif
cherilynn​(sub female)
2 years ago • Feb 8, 2022
cherilynn​(sub female) • Feb 8, 2022
I missed this posting and I am sorry that I didn't post earlier because these discussions are always very interesting to me.

This is my experience after talking to many lifestyle people over the years concerning submissve vs. slave.

Just as there are many types of submissives, there are also many types of slaves. I have met one, maybe two slaves in my life who were submissive. The rest of the slaves I know have a very dominant personality. They surrender first and then they submit. Some of them are considered property within their relationship, others are not.

Likewise, the type of relationships they have and the amount of freedom they have depends on the dynamic and the individuals involved. Just like everything else in this life, people color their world with the colors that appeal to them.

My desire to be owned, to give myself to another mind, body, and soul is what makes me a slave. It is just the way I am when I am in love with another person.

I hope that makes sense.

As always,
YMMV
bearpig​(dom male){Collared}
2 years ago • Feb 8, 2022
A slave is a slave he gave up his rights he gave up control. Before the relationship of a Master and slave begins the slave wrights out or states what he/she likes what he/she will do this is done before the relationship begins this goes for the sub
The sub has rights he/she has a say has not given up control well not all of it. A sub gets used but he/she has the right to say stop its going to far. Most cases a slave has not that right they have no rights.
If the sub and dom want to move there relationship beyond friendship they can and it does not hurt the sub dom relationship.
If a M/s goes beyond friendship it hurts the M/s relationship. I like how things are.
I am myself I serve and I please I am myself there is not a yes sir no sir there is punishment if I do something wrong. The relationship is 50/50. If he wants something I get it or not but in most cases I will get it. He does not control me if he tried I will rebel. We love but still I am me I will serve please and pleasure. There is pride, Honor, Respect and trust. I train others but serve He is not my Master Dom or Sir he is my Handler. But I got off topic I am sorry. A sub is far defferent than a slave. Though a sub will do some the things a slave will do the sub has rights free will.
This is how I feel my thoughts. If I am wrong I am sorry.
What I do I do its ME.