Online now
Online now

Profile pictures, smiles anyone

Zelia
2 years ago • Jan 23, 2022
Zelia • Jan 23, 2022
I think it’s up to people to choose what they post on their profiles. They may not want to share face pics. I’ve had my own saved and posted in various places previously so I choose not to post my face on my profile.
Other people may not see the need to post a face picture. They may deem it to be irrelevant, they may be looking to use the platform to learn and develop or just express themselves through writing. They don’t need to post a face pic to do that.
As for smiling… maybe they just don’t want to, maybe they’re shy or trying to project a persona.
Whatever the reason it’s their profile and therefore entirely up to them. Profiles can be very personal and people spend time choosing how to present themselves. Without asking them why they choose what they do it’s likely to remain a mystery…. one that’s none of my business.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Jan 23, 2022
JustAlice wrote:
I think it’s up to people to choose what they post on their profiles. They may not want to share face pics. I’ve had my own saved and posted in various places previously so I choose not to post my face on my profile. As for smiling… maybe they just don’t want to, maybe they’re shy or trying to project a persona. Whatever the reason it’s their profile and therefore entirely up to them. Profiles can be very personal and people spend time choosing how to present themselves. Without asking them why they choose what they do it’s likely to remain a mystery…. one that’s none of my business.
Same here. I stopped posting anything more than the one single pic that's in my profile after a harrowing experience 20 years ago. Damn. Actual real life stalking situation that involved multiple police agencies here in southeast Michigan. My heart still skips several beats when I think back on the literal NUMBING terror I had to wade through.
And as I mentioned earlier, the non-smiling pics are most often someone's preference because they believe it gives them an aura of authority
or brooding sexiness. I'm certain they don't intend to make themselves look "grumpy" or appear as though they've "just been a fight". Oh lawdy, me. The never ending hoops we jump thorough only to have someone still find fault with our efforts.
LittleSubBBW wrote:
I want to see that you are more than serious/grumpy guy.
What you call serious or grumpy, others might think of as brooding sexiness. icon_wink.gif
Zelia
Zelia • Jan 23, 2022
WytchyWoman wrote:
JustAlice wrote:
I think it’s up to people to choose what they post on their profiles. They may not want to share face pics. I’ve had my own saved and posted in various places previously so I choose not to post my face on my profile. As for smiling… maybe they just don’t want to, maybe they’re shy or trying to project a persona. Whatever the reason it’s their profile and therefore entirely up to them. Profiles can be very personal and people spend time choosing how to present themselves. Without asking them why they choose what they do it’s likely to remain a mystery…. one that’s none of my business.
Same here. I stopped posting anything more than the one single pic that's in my profile after a harrowing experience 20 years ago. Damn. Actual real life stalking situation that involved multiple police agencies here in southeast Michigan. My heart still skips several beats when I think back on the literal NUMBING terror I had to wade through.
And as I mentioned earlier, the non-smiling pics are most often someone's preference because they believe it gives them an aura of authority
or brooding sexiness. I'm certain they don't intend to make themselves look "grumpy" or appear as though they've "just been a fight". Oh lawdy, me. The never ending hoops we jump thorough only to have someone still find fault with our efforts.

I can’t imagine how awful that must have been. Someone once found my FB profile from minimal information related to a theatre visit and sporting activities I’d mentioned. They were able to match my face to a tagged pic that led to my profile. People can do a whole lot with not a lot of information so I do also keep it to a minimum.
We’re all just doing our best. Someone will always find fault with what we post!
JustAlice wrote:
I can’t imagine how awful that must have been. Someone once found my FB profile from minimal information related to a theatre visit and sporting activities I’d mentioned. They were able to match my face to a tagged pic that led to my profile. People can do a whole lot with not a lot of information so I do also keep it to a minimum.
We’re all just doing our best. Someone will always find fault with what we post!
I'm not exaggerating when I say it was "total terror". I had spent a few months in an IRC chat room that was Gorean and had begun chatting in private with one of the men I was greatly attracted to. A real life friend of mine who chatted in the same group SHARED my actual real name and work place in a private chat with this man in Connecticut and he and his merry gang of jackasses staged a week long "kidnapping plot". Rented rooms at a local motel and were following me in some elaborate chase, leaving notes on my car windshield, door of my house and .... well - you get the picture. I refused to even undress and get in bed in my home for months after they were finally caught and slept in my clothes on my couch. Afraid to get undressed and sleep in my own bed because the bedroom was at the back of the house and too far away from an "escape hatch".

Sometimes people need to slow down and be aware that others have a need for caution even if they themselves don't feel the same need.
twoshaytexas​(sub female)
2 years ago • Jan 24, 2022
twoshaytexas​(sub female) • Jan 24, 2022
That's funny, I see it all the time too. I did decide a bit back I don't care what a person looks like as last ng as they know personal hygiene. I want to know the inside person so sometimes it's helpful to me. No preconception from an image
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • Jan 24, 2022
twoshaytexas wrote:
I want to know the inside person so sometimes it's helpful to me. No preconception from an image
Some seekers sadly expect a superficial cyber storm of thunder and lightning with a cheerful and handsome stranger. A flash in the proverbial pan rather than anything substantive. It is what it is for them. 🤷
DaddyMasterQuetzal

Re: Profile pictures, smiles anyone

DaddyMasterQuetzal • Jan 24, 2022
TwoRingsOneChain wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but I do get a little bit frustrated when I want to see pictures of the guy or whoever send me messages and two things occur. There will be a ton a black and white pictures and none of them match the host. Then the other thing that I think it's kind of funny personally. The person whose profile you're looking at almost always has a grumpy face.

If you were putting a profile out there for a company to hire you, and they would see that face. I could about guarantee you'll never get the job.

Why, because people want to hire happy people. The same is true in my mind for who I want to get together with. If the person in the picture is going to look like I just got out of a fight or in a bad mood. It just doesn't come off as inviting.

So at least put one smiling picture out there let us see your true self instead of a grumpy, uninviting look, please.

Anyone is free to put whatever kind of pictures they feel like it and even when the picture has someone smiling also in color they find it offensive even getting you block for no reason even though you didn't say nothing disrespectful nor offensive I think we live in a time where everyone is just sensitive
Bunnie
Bunnie • Jan 24, 2022
“Smile! You’d look so much prettier if you smiled once in a while.”

I kind of prefer natural pictures than fake smile ones. If it’s genuine, sure, however, I’m not particularly into the whole “should’s,” especially when I’ve spent so long trying to shrug off the expectations I’ve had lumped on me… see above quote. I would prefer someone to feel like they can just relax and be themselves, “resting bitch face” and all.

As for pics on a profile, I don’t care. I don’t have any of me, so I understand why others may not have any of them. Having a picture doesn’t make anyone more genuine, in my books.
No Body​(dom male)
2 years ago • Jan 25, 2022
No Body​(dom male) • Jan 25, 2022
I have been told many times I needs a profile picture but what can you do when you ask someone to take a picture of you, they tend to run away screaming? Oh well.