Online now
Online now

How to honor the masculine

laneyrae​(sub female)
2 years ago • Mar 17, 2022

How to honor the masculine

laneyrae​(sub female) • Mar 17, 2022
As a woman I expect my partner to be educated on how to support, nurture and please my femininity. But its occurred to me that I am not very educated on the how to do the same for their masculine. What resources or experience can you share about how to nurture and skillfully please the masculine?

PS i am new to bdsm but have had a few long term relationships. I am confident in my ability to be an emotionally supportive partner but I wonder what are some common male preferences that women don't always pick up on? Things that are inately masculine and women don't always give enough attention?

As I learn more about myself and the rthyms of feminine energy I'm realizing how much I must be missing about the masculine nature.
I know everyone has different preferences, but what r some commonalities?
tallslenderguy​(other male)
i like the question, or at least, where it can go.

An ongoing question for me for several years has been: "what actually constitutes feminine or masculine?"

So far, my attempts to answer that has led me back to your observation that "everyone has different preferences." That is to say, i have not found commonalities that are common enough to apply universally, that "honor" requires understanding and individual perspective in order to work.
A Cloud​(sub female){Owned}
Complex indeed. Personally, I don't see it as gender related necessarily but rather more about the individual and how they see their own masculinity or femininity. I see those concepts as more to do with identity and the expression of sexuality.

Perhaps ask him how he sees this in himself and the dynamic? Open-ended questions are excellent for gaining insight?
McMagpie​(sub female)
2 years ago • Mar 18, 2022
McMagpie​(sub female) • Mar 18, 2022
That is a wonderful topic of conversation, I may be odd and then again it may be a great part of why I find myself seeking a Dom BDSM relationship... I have studied men all of my life, I am old enough that I have seen masculinity go through patterns and yet there is an elemental quality to the spirit of masculinity (sometimes it comes comfortably housed within feminine bodies.) To put it vaguely, I find there is a particular accessible substanative, yet pliable, resistance in masculinity that I find absent in the feminine (fem for me, means a sharper, fast moving, fleeting quality.)

Oh goodness, that sounds absolutely nuts, right?
Bunnie
Bunnie • Mar 18, 2022
“How to honour the masculine”

This is the area of D/s (relationship) I love. The dance between masculine and feminine to create that synchronicity. That flow. I think it can be a trap to fall into believing that there are certain characteristics that define each aspect, however, in some regards there are, but as mentioned by others, they’re defined by the individual people involved.

How do I personally honour the masculine? By making sure I sit firmly in my feminine. By not telling the other how to sit in their masculine. By allowing them a safe space to own who they are. I believe that each taking responsibility for their part, allows the opportunity to meet in the space between… and that is where the magic happens icon_smile.gif
    The most loved post in topic
McMagpie​(sub female)
McMagpie​(sub female) • Mar 18, 2022
Well stated Bunnie, thank you!

When you identify, keep celebratory space for, and explore the depths of your own masculine/feminine you more easily honor what you find in others.
Defender​(dom male)
Defender​(dom male) • Mar 18, 2022
Bunnie wrote:
“How to honour the masculine”
How do I personally honour the masculine? By making sure I sit firmly in my feminine. By not telling the other how to sit in their masculine. By allowing them a safe space to own who they are.

This ^.
House Talion​(dom male)
2 years ago • Mar 20, 2022
House Talion​(dom male) • Mar 20, 2022
The only one true way to please the masculine is by its gender which is se ugly. To do so individually requires you to know them as individuals
šunktokeca​(sub female)
2 years ago • Mar 21, 2022
šunktokeca​(sub female) • Mar 21, 2022
Bunnie, I couldn’t agree more. The more I “sit in my feminine” as you say the smoother the sailing it is with my Dom. And long live the magic that resides in that space.
Duke Montefort​(dom male)
1 year ago • Jun 9, 2022
Duke Montefort​(dom male) • Jun 9, 2022
I don't know about other men. However, I'd like to develop my leadership based on the personality of my partner. It takes a great deal of time in the beginning, but I believe it develops into a better quality of relationship. On a more specific area. I prefer basic manners curtsying, gently leading my lady to her seat. Either on my lap, at my feet, or beside me at the table.