Online now
Online now

Kink: Free to be what you choose or embracing the ugly truth

red panda
2 years ago • Apr 24, 2022

Kink: Free to be what you choose or embracing the ugly truth

red panda • Apr 24, 2022
Do you think that we are able to create who and what we want to be and do through kink, or is kink most successful when we accept certain truths about where we fit in the social pecking order, admit to ourselves where we hold or lack power, and build from there?

Both? A little bit of each? Depends on the person or can it change throughout one’s journey? Just chill, baby, and let kinks be kinks?

Would be interested in hearing from more experienced folks on this.
Joyous Chaos​(sub female)
Joyous Chaos​(sub female) • Apr 24, 2022
Probably not more experienced but here’s my take. I think it’s a little bit of both. I think we can create who we want to be through kink but let’s face it, sometimes our kinks aren’t socially acceptable(at least not yet). I believe everyone has a kink but not everyone wants to own it. In my case I keep it under wraps, not because I’m ashamed but because if some of the people I work with or interact with knew who I am and what I really want they wouldn’t view me the same and the person they see is who I need them to see. But this is an excellent question
    The most loved post in topic
tallslenderguy​(other male)
i think we are free to choose, but not everyone is going to embrace who and how we are, some will think us "ugly," others will think us hot or beautiful, others will be uninterestedly neutral. i think that is true of life in general though, not just kink?

Putting oneself out there has all sorts of risks, rejection in all its forms. But remaining hidden is risk of a different sort to me, it's the risk of going through life being invisible, unseen and unknown.