Online now
Online now

question re blocking

OG Cupcake{4everAlone}
1 year ago • May 29, 2022

question re blocking

OG Cupcake{4everAlone} • May 29, 2022
is there a way to NOT see a blocked user at all (blog/forum/profile) ?

blocking usually means no interaction or coming across the user. however here we are just barred from commenting or liking a blog. or directly contacting the person.

is there a way to FULLY block someone?
Zelia
Zelia • May 29, 2022
Short answer, no there isn’t. You can block someone and hide their blog but sadly you’ll still see them in the forum and they can still reply to your comments on other people’s blogs.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • May 29, 2022
JustAlice wrote:
Short answer, no there isn’t. You can block someone and hide their blog but sadly you’ll still see them in the forum and they can still reply to your comments on other people’s blogs.
Yep. This annoys me to no end since I'm used to Facebook and when you block someone on Facebook it's as good as burying them alive. I find that sadistically satisfying. 😂
    The most loved post in topic
OG Cupcake{4everAlone}
OG Cupcake{4everAlone} • May 29, 2022
i’m glad i’m not the only one that finds this frustrating. i did not know we could block blogs, where can i do this at?
OG Cupcake wrote:
i’m glad i’m not the only one that finds this frustrating. i did not know we could block blogs, where can i do this at?
I use a laptop (almost exclusively) so I can only tell you how it works for me. You need to look at the list of available blogs and then look to the far right. You'll see a "down arrow" and when you click or tap it you'll see the option to hide the person's blog. It's a favorite feature of mine.

(Anytime I block someone I automatically hide their blog. I keep wishing they'd disappear from my sight completely like they do on Facebook but sadly things don't work that way here.).

Last edited by * on Sun May 29, 2022 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total
Zelia
Zelia • May 29, 2022
It’s same on a phone 📱 ✅
Ingénue{VK}
Ingénue{VK} • May 29, 2022
You can also block people effectively by ignoring. I find that an effective method given the partial effect on here. I fully appreciate that at times additional methods might be very much desired. I find that changing my settings is great, too, as to who can initiate contact on cage, as well as lock and mute functions in lobby. I hope you're ok.
GiannaRay wrote:
I also use the ignore effect. I wish it was a total blocking like Facebook also.
If I ever entered the chat here I'm pretty sure my ignore list would be longer than my "permitted" list. 😉 As it is, I'm repeatedly forced to grit my teeth and endure continued exposure to those I've *attempted* to block - only to find it only keeps them off my blog and from sending me any private messages. 🤷🏼
Ingénue{VK}
Ingénue{VK} • May 29, 2022
GiannaRay wrote:
I also use the ignore effect. I wish it was a total blocking like Facebook also.

I like the ignore effect, it's low maintenance and keeps things from escalating. I feel sorry for those who are affected by others to the point where they can't filter them. I understand, as we are a diverse community in terms of backgrounds, preferences and capacity but it must be difficult. Kudos to you.