Online now
Online now

BDSM IN BOOKS?

Moonlightwolf
1 year ago • May 31, 2022

BDSM IN BOOKS?

Moonlightwolf • May 31, 2022
HI. I'm really new to bdsm. So I thought reading some bdsm in fiction books would help to see what I like. With queer and/or with people of colors. Also any books where it just kinky and the couple don't have sex because I'm asexual. You can still recommended some books with sex in them if it have plot.
    The most loved post in topic
ItsCircadian​(dom male){Shadowrave}
Hi there, and welcome to the community!

Here are my recommendations:

Fiction: The Gor Series - John Norman
Non-Fiction: Domination & Submission: The BDSM Relationship Handbook - Michael Makai

The science fantasy novel series called 'Gor' by John Norman has been an enjoyable read, I am a few chapters into the third installment 'Priest-Kings of Gor' at the moment. The books have manifested their own kink sub-culture reflecting the Gorean way of life depicted in the books, which I feel is worth looking into if the kink aspects from the series pique your interest. I'd be happy to share more on this if someone would like.

Additionally, since you are new, I would like to recommend a non-fiction book as well if you don't mind. The book titled 'Domination & Submission: The BDSM Relationship Handbook' by Michael Makai was so very useful to me when I first began venturing into the kink lifestyle.

Cheers.
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker}
Spellbound Wytch{Mr. Parker} • May 31, 2022
My go to BDSM erotica is, hands down, The Marketplace series by Laura Antoniou. I won't reveal much detail about the main character or the plot line in the books because doing so would spoil a key surprise factor of the series. There *is* quite a bit of kinky sex depicted but also a heavy emphasis on service oriented submission and the training of slaves for a modern day auction house. Laura's heavily involved in the LGBTQ community and an author who delivers quite a punch - in my opinion, of course.
corruptedgirl​(sub female)
1 year ago • Jun 1, 2022
I might get heaps of hate for this recommendation but the series that got me interested in exploring BDSM further was by the author Cherise Sinclair.
The series is ShadowKittens I think and it's romance/fiction.

I don't know how representative it is of the actual community (I assume not 100% accurate because 'men written by women' and all that) but it was a fun quick series that got my attention and started me on the journey.
sparkleslove​(sub female)
1 year ago • Jun 2, 2022
sparkleslove​(sub female) • Jun 2, 2022
Hi! This is how I fell through a wonderful rabbit hole and found ddlg and bdsm. I read books on Wattpad and absolutely love some authors and books. The books can range from erotic to pg, all depends on what you like to read. I like reading also because you can react to the story and see others comments as well.

An author I highly recommend is:
Midnighthunger

She is a truly talented author and her books include bdsm. I love her books.