Online now
Online now

Hypnosis

Storms n Abi{Whatever }
1 year ago • Jul 16, 2022

Hypnosis

Storms n Abi{Whatever } • Jul 16, 2022
I'm new to BDSM and many things.. So I had two questions about hypnosis.
1. How does hypnosis work in a D/s?
2. How can I use it for my benefit, if I'm not in a relationship, but want to get rid of certain fears that are holding me back? Basically the use of hypnosis to alter certain pathways, to change certain states of mind, to love myself, to like something that I am scared of trying, to alter a certain behaviour. I don't know. I'm really new to this, so I would like to know more about this.
Ingénue{VK}
1 year ago • Jul 16, 2022
Ingénue{VK} • Jul 16, 2022
Find an accredited professional. Hypnosis isn't a technique that is safe in the hands of unqualified individuals, whatever bullshit lines they might spin you about it being fine. It isn't.

Perhaps you might find a Dom who will support you as you work with a qualified hypnotherapist or mental health practitioner.

Hypnotherapy isn't a magic wand either. It requires application, effort and perseverance over often extended durations of time to bring about secure and lasting shifts in perception and behaviour.
    The most loved post in topic
NCarraway​(dom male)
1 year ago • Jul 17, 2022
NCarraway​(dom male) • Jul 17, 2022
I take quite the issue with the comments of Atropos. I have been using hypnosis in my dynamics for around 3-4 years with perhaps 6-7 partners, so I consider I can speak with some expertise on this question. Unfortunately the knee jerk reaction: "hypnosis isn't safe' is a common one, especially for people who have not interacted with kinksters who practice it.

To answer the OP.

1. I find hypnosis integrates into Ds quite seamlessly, enriching the dynamic and deepening the connection. I use it in scene, during sex, out of scene; I use it for come on command and to control orgasms; I use it for ruined orgasms and for bliss orgasms; I use it for giving my partner great sleep and as an extra tool for behaviour modification when I need it; I use it so they can have more self awareness and have more control over their own emotions (their control room is theirs). There is a great deal more you can do with it. Of course reaching this level requires some work but it is surprising how much you can do with two beginners who work well together.

You should remember that hypnosis within Ds is not risk free. There are unscrupulous hypnotists just as there are unscrupulous riggers or cane wielders. Just as you should not allow yourself to be tied up by anyone, or caned by just anyone, so you should not allow yourself to be hypnotised by anyone without getting to know them first. Developing a hypnosis relationship and playing with that requires all the usual safeguards and aftercare is often important depending on the people involved and the stage of the relationship.

2. It is important that you should not look for a hypnotist Dom to 'fix' things. As is often said about bdsm: bdsm is therapeutic but not therapy, and the same applies to hypnosis within a dynamic. If you really want hypnosis to help with specific issues then invest in a professional who has the background and qualifications.

I hope these comments help

#eliminatingthestigmaofhypnokink icon_smile.gif
DrWakko
1 year ago • Jul 17, 2022
DrWakko • Jul 17, 2022
If you don’t fully trust the person don’t do it. There are a lot of horror stories of tops working in things you didn’t consent to into the scripts causing the bottom to be abused / molested/ raped.

It’s common enough that I’ve heard many horror stories. I can’t say it’s ##% of those who do hypnosis.
Ingénue{VK}
1 year ago • Jul 18, 2022
Ingénue{VK} • Jul 18, 2022
DrWakko wrote:
If you don’t fully trust the person don’t do it. There are a lot of horror stories of tops working in things you didn’t consent to into the scripts causing the bottom to be abused / molested/ raped.

It’s common enough that I’ve heard many horror stories. I can’t say it’s ##% of those who do hypnosis.

As have I. *Anyone* offering to use hypnosis in BDSM is an irresponsible amateur with an ego problem.

Dominants who think they're hypno experts and that they can use hypnosis safely because they've used it in their sexy time are irresponsible at best. Citing years of experience and all the subs they've done it to merely indicates that they are not only irresponsible but that they are on an ego trip in considering themselves "skilled" and "safe" in the absence of any formal mental health training or ongoing supervision of their hypnotherapy activity. It's an immediate indicator of lack of training and expertise that they are using hypnotherapy techniques in close personal relationships.

Hypnotherapy isn't regulated in my country as a profession, so the safety advice is to find a *qualified mental health practitioner* who also uses hypnosis. This is because hypnosis carries significant risks.

A Dominant who compromises a submissive's mental health through hypnosis isn't answerable to anyone but himself.

Red flag technique to warn about all the bad Doms who do this stuff while presenting yourself as the good guy.
Another red flag to present as the misjudged party by playing the "kinkshame" card.
NCarraway​(dom male)
NCarraway​(dom male) • Jul 18, 2022
Dr Wakko, Atropos, (apologies Dr Wakko if I misrepresent your views in answering both at once)

My own experience in hypnosis is that there is a safety valve in the mind will not allow people to be hypnotised to do things against their core values. This has been written about extensively in the community. Thus, what I know and what I have experienced tell me that it would be incredibly difficult to hypnotise someone to do something against their will. Hypnotising someone to abuse or molest against their will or rape them seems incredibly unlikely, not impossible but way beyond the abilities of almost all, even if they were that twisted.

I don't recognise your view that 'anyone' offering hypnosis as part of bdsm, I.e. myself as an example, is an irresponsible amateur with an ego problem. The hypno kink community is an amazingly accepting vibrant community with many classes, books and conventions across the world. For sure there are people who have had poor experiences of hypno kink, but the same is true of rope or impact or anything else. We should all be educated and aware of risks and interact with people we trust. As for hypno, as for rope, as for impact. RACK is as good a structure for hypnosis as it is for other areas of kink.

I dare say I will not convince you otherwise Atropos so will not bother much more. It is important in these conversations to listen to people who have different kinks from you and not dismiss them out of hand as irresponsible egotists. We should be operating under YKINMK here and not dismissing each other just because we disagree.
Ingénue{VK}
Ingénue{VK} • Jul 18, 2022
Fine words, Mr Carraway. You're clearly so confident in your own position that rather than engage when approached directly, you prefer to block. Enjoy your vibrant community of pseudo hypnotists operating well beyond their amateur capabilities.
Miki
Miki • Jul 18, 2022
I'm 100% on-board with Atropos.. and a bit with the dom male who makes me immediately think of seeds on buns..

(think think think)

Cute, Buster!

Now on to what I want to put forth.. Hypnosis works on people some of the time, and all of the people none of the time.

Basically, if you feel the need to be hypontized to follow a certain path.

Stop, Think twice, and consider the path.

$0.02

EDIT My post might seem a bit cryptic because I took for granted: Dom Carraway.. Carraway Seeds..
moll​(other female){owned slav}

Re: Hypnosis

shysub Abi wrote:
I'm new to BDSM and many things.. So I had two questions about hypnosis.
1. How does hypnosis work in a D/s?
2. How can I use it for my benefit, if I'm not in a relationship, but want to get rid of certain fears that are holding me back? Basically the use of hypnosis to alter certain pathways, to change certain states of mind, to love myself, to like something that I am scared of trying, to alter a certain behaviour. I don't know. I'm really new to this, so I would like to know more about this.

Sounds like you want a quick fix to some serious issues.....and you aren't going to find it because they don't exist.
moll​(other female){owned slav}
NCarraway wrote:
Dr Wakko, Atropos, (apologies Dr Wakko if I misrepresent your views in answering both at once)

My own experience in hypnosis is that there is a safety valve in the mind will not allow people to be hypnotised to do things against their core values. This has been written about extensively in the community. Thus, what I know and what I have experienced tell me that it would be incredibly difficult to hypnotise someone to do something against their will. Hypnotising someone to abuse or molest against their will or rape them seems incredibly unlikely, not impossible but way beyond the abilities of almost all, even if they were that twisted.

I don't recognise your view that 'anyone' offering hypnosis as part of bdsm, I.e. myself as an example, is an irresponsible amateur with an ego problem. The hypno kink community is an amazingly accepting vibrant community with many classes, books and conventions across the world. For sure there are people who have had poor experiences of hypno kink, but the same is true of rope or impact or anything else. We should all be educated and aware of risks and interact with people we trust. As for hypno, as for rope, as for impact. RACK is as good a structure for hypnosis as it is for other areas of kink.

I dare say I will not convince you otherwise Atropos so will not bother much more. It is important in these conversations to listen to people who have different kinks from you and not dismiss them out of hand as irresponsible egotists. We should be operating under YKINMK here and not dismissing each other just because we disagree.

Hypnotherapy should be left to mental health professionals...PERIOD.

Even if the "hypnotist" has known the person they are working with for years, they still don't know the long term ramifications of their actions. There is a big difference between a rigger tying up a person, accidentally hurting someone physically, and screwing with a person's psyche. The human psyche is much more vulnerable/fragile than the physical body. There are so many facets to the human psyche that has yet to be understood/uncovered.

The problem with your claim of "the mind will not allow people to be hypnotised to do things against their core values" is so irresponsible. You are counting on the human psyche to keep a person safe from harm, when any mental health professional will tell you that is not a 100% guarantee. Your basically saying that if harm comes to a person, if they are hypnotized into doing something or allowing someone to do something to them, it's because they wanted it at their core.

Would you like to talk about triggering repressed memories of abuse? Just asking.