Online now
Online now

LIMITS as stated in your profile

moll​(other female){owned slav}
1 year ago • Aug 13, 2022
On my profile I do not list any specific limitations. I just list that my Master monitors my account and that he will block anyone he feels is being disrespectful to me because it's his limit for me is people who are disrespectful to his property.

Why list limitations on the profile vs. using the checklist. Well, if I was looking for a Master, I would want to use that section to list things that are
"hard no's" in a polite way of saying "I don't want to waste your time."

As for what my limits are: whatever my Master says they are.
SirsBabyDoll​(sub female){Pizza+☕}
moll wrote:

...and before everyone jumps down your throat again...sometimes his limits for you are more conservative and restrictive than you like. 😁
moll​(other female){owned slav}
SirsBabyDoll wrote:
moll wrote:

...and before everyone jumps down your throat again...sometimes his limits for you are more conservative and restrictive than you like. 😁

That's one way to put it.
@Moll,

Commenting on your post made me think about the visual of the term "limits".

It occured to me that when we use the term "limits", we generally think about things or actions that are outside our comfort zone or things that we will not go past. Things that negatively impact us.

But when someone (like Moll), says "my limits are set by my Master", *we* seem to automatically think that those "limits" are ones that are beyond her comfort zone and we forget that sometimes, those limits are restricting behavior. I don't mean a cage or silence or only being nude, etc...things or actions that would negatively impact someone.

But how often do we think of those "Master set limits" as a HEALTHY thing? Better diet, exersize, decorum, self-care? What if....those "Master set limits" have a positive impact?

We don't know until we talk about those limits and why they exist.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Aug 13, 2022
I personally don’t think any adult should allow someone else to decide their limits, to remove their agency.
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
1 year ago • Aug 14, 2022
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Aug 14, 2022
Ok, so words definitely have meanings. We define them. When someone comes into the discussion and wants to redefine them, that is ok for their conversation - but when we discuss "Limits" we are talking about hard and soft limits within the context of the lifestyle. I may have a limit to how far I'm willing to drive to go to work but that isn't the discussion. A Master or plaything may say "I limit how much you can eat so you lose weight" and again that is the correct use of the word, but not categorically what this discussion is about.

Hard limits are things we will not even consider doing. Soft limits are things that are on the edge of our comfort and with the right person, we might try them. For many people, piss play is a soft limit while scat is a hard, definite no. Blood for many is a hard no. For some, it's an aphrodisiac.

Personally putting limits on your profile allow others to know whether they are in your ball park with desires and kinks. But I laugh at the "Nothing Illegal" as I've indicated before - because pretty much as dollMaker and everyone else has chimed in, many states and countries consider much of what we do illegal. I did a quick search on BDSM and legality and discovered California, the paragon of liberal thinking, would pretty much arrest me on sight for a fraction of what I even think about. Consensually. Technically speaking, any type of impact play is illegal almost everywhere. Most state laws covering assault do not accept consent as a defense.

Although I agree with dollMaker in context, I have seen a number of individuals list "Limits are set by XXXX" wherein XXXX is typically their Master. Hopefully the individuals have done their homework and had lengthy discussions with whoever they turn control of their limits over to so that person retains their best interest at all times. But I do agree with dollMaker - giving up total control of your limits (within the context and intentions of this discussion) is not advised nor safe.

Anyhow, write your profile any way you desire. But I concur with the OP. Listing Nothing Illegal is funny.
@LL,

Thank you for adding in some definitions so that we are all using the same definitions. This is a good thing and healthy for the discussion.

I had several reasons why I stated my "alternate definition of limits". Some are private but I have spoken, at length, with Moll and know what limits her and her Master have.
Zelia
Zelia • Aug 14, 2022
I think there’s a considerable difference between stating that you have ‘no limits’ and ‘X sets my limits’. Again there’s a difference between someone who says that and is in a new relationship and someone who has been with their partner for an extended period of time.

In the first instance, to state you simply have no limits is usually not accurate, further to allow someone to set your limits before they know you sufficiently is dangerous. In a committed relationship of several years it can still be dangerous. Conversely, in a healthy relationship full of love, care and an intimate knowledge of one another it can be the most natural progression of trust.
Sweetlydepraved​(masochist female){Owned}
I look for shared limits in an owner so that I can let go and so that I can feel safe enough to say that mine are no longer mine. An example of that is being shared, it is a hard no for me. Daddy also says that sharing his property is a limit for him. Match! We match on all of our limits actually. So when it comes to the time that I say that he sets my limits (which I have my own personal guidelines about and we aren’t there yet) and that the word no doesn’t exist in my vocabulary in regards to him, I know that I’m safe because it’s also something that he would never do.

When I was looking, I chose not to share my limits in a general way. I choose to get to know a person as a person first. I need to know that we share common values, goals, and life plans. Kinks and limits is the last thing that I’m going to discuss with someone because I wasn’t looking for a play partner, I was looking for a lifetime owner. It’s different. I also am not a fan of putting myself up as if I’m on display at the meat market. Get to know me, show an interest in who I am before you discover what I am.