Online now
Online now

Virtual Reality?

Unity
1 year ago • Nov 1, 2022

Virtual Reality?

Unity • Nov 1, 2022
I Am a Nerd, A big one. And I play a game called VrChat a lot! it's a very very strange, wonderful place.
that said I'm new to BDSM, as new as they come. However, not being new to being a nerd I've seen and interacted with members of the BDSM community within this video game VrChat. And some of those interactions are part of why I'm now here on this website, I'm curious because the BDSM community seems small, both inside and outside of that video game, with more inexperienced individuals than experienced ones for both the real and virtual world. So, I would like to ask this website who here all knows about this option? to strap a console to your face for the ability to interact inside a 3D world of your choosing, with a character of your choosing, Using props of your choosing. all these things also being things one can create and customize if they have the necessary knowledge.
Personally speaking, messing around in a place like that with a dominant seemingly standing right Infront of me yet on the other side of the world is a lot more fun and interesting than just say a video call or something similar. and I'm making this post because I personally feel more comfortable interacting inside this crazy 3D space than on platforms like this one here. I'm hoping this post can serve to both get people informed on BDSM within virtual reality and maybe bring out some of those that maybe already know So I can say "hey! let's hangout!" If you've played or play Vrchat there's even a chance we've already met! If You haven't, I strongly suggest taking a look at it with some other like-minded individuals cuz hooo weee its pretty darn neat what people can get up to in there 0.o
Unity
1 year ago • Nov 1, 2022
Unity • Nov 1, 2022
Just to clarify! vrchat is by no means meant for BDSM encounters it is meant for meeting and interacting with other people really nothing more, but none the less these encounters happen! and I have heard from both Dominants and Submissives that it does a great deal for them!
Byrdie​(switch female){rl only}
1 year ago • Nov 1, 2022
It doesn't remotely surprise me that someone came up with the concept of a BDSM VR experience. After all, phone and online play have gone on for decades. I believe that there were kink scenarios being played out in a game called "Second Life."

However, nobody I know has brought up kinky virtual reality to me, so I'm unsure of how widespread it is.
Secret Mind​(dom male)
1 year ago • Nov 1, 2022
Secret Mind​(dom male) • Nov 1, 2022
It's definitely not a small community. Just something we don't openly go around talking about. I bet you there are millions of people In VR that are also into kink. But they may choose to keep VR as a fun video game and their kink life separate from it.

I suppose that it is a fun idea. People go crazy over Bluetooth sex toys. So VR is just the next step forward.
But no matter how good the technology is. The human body will always long to be touched.
    The most loved post in topic
Unity
1 year ago • Nov 1, 2022
Unity • Nov 1, 2022
exactly that is actually why I never made any effort to connect with anyone in VR, it's crazy how many people I could ask that would say it's an awesome resource for them when they can't be together IRL. but for me that need to put my hand on a person is too high so the place where my hand goes right through them isn't where I want to be getting attached None the less pretty darn cool to not just hear someone's voice when i know they're no where near me but to also see their mannerisms, how they hold themselves, and how they move when they talk.
Miinuh​(sub female){Xed}
1 year ago • Nov 2, 2022
Miinuh​(sub female){Xed} • Nov 2, 2022
IM ADDICTED TO VRCHAT 🥺 And sadly find my connections to be better in an isekai like vrchat than in real life. Sadly I have become one of those that truly values the excitement and wonderment of virtual reality than that of the boring life.

Thankfully I got myself a puppy not long ago so she is teaching me to once again love real life for what it’s got to offer.
Unity
1 year ago • Nov 2, 2022
Unity • Nov 2, 2022
I'm in the same boat, but I see it in a different light. I'm glad to hear you've got one to help you understand the values of the real world because yea it's got its big ol downsides. but it will always have more to offer, good and bad! ahaha. it's crazy to me how easy vr can actually make one think it's the better option. but I like to think it's a great place to make connections that can hopefully be brought back to the real world, I've seen it happen time and time again icon_smile.gif so not something that by any means should be seen as a "better than" real life but a fun "addition to" instead.
Miki
1 year ago • Nov 7, 2022
Miki • Nov 7, 2022
Without proper self discipline, VR can be just like a drug. An addiction--- albeit one without external chemical introduction.

Another one we all heard of is compulsive gambling. Head shrinkers say that operates along the same channels as alcoholism-- The common denominator is one decent win. Just like an alcoholic after their first drunk--- they both spend lifetimes chasing after the notion of repeating that first thrill, except gamblers don't ingest or take anything-- the problens resulting from compulsive gambling and the inevitable losing streak-- and the lengths one will go to for more gambling money-- are the same as for a booze-hound.

Of course with VR and other high tech addictions one won't be out driving to reload the bottle or skulking around sleazy, piss-covered streets looking for a loan shark-- still, life goes on with or without you (rhet) and soner or later bills go unpaid, personal atention is nonexistent and even in some cases jobs can be lost.

VR is meant to be entertainment, and I suppose it's fun enough, I can't say/never tried it.. Not into that kind of stuff... But through it all, when one's life is "boring" to the point that they prefer .. even need the escape of VR (or any other artificial environment-- even video games)--- that's when trouble is afoot and the individual is well advised to talk to someone about it.
Bunnie
1 year ago • Nov 9, 2022
Bunnie • Nov 9, 2022
This kind of reads like an ad.