Online now
Online now

Suggestions

Villanelle​(staff)
7 years ago • Jul 23, 2016
Villanelle​(staff) • Jul 23, 2016
Thank you for your feedback, ThoughtMonster and Paige!  We'll talk it over and make some adjustments.  Your feedback at this stage is very important as we are still finessing the site to make sure everything is working properly and works for our community.
Cage Monkey​(staff)
7 years ago • Jul 24, 2016
Cage Monkey​(staff) • Jul 24, 2016
The feedback regarding genders is critically important for our aim to provide a space where everybody is able and free to be who they are, a place for people to feel at home and call home.

At the same time we'd like to keep the gender options to an finite set to make it possible and easy for people to find like-minded people through the platform. 

Based on the platform-pioneers feedback (that's all of us) we recently expanded the list of genders which now includes the following:
- Female
- Male
- Trans FTM
- Trans MTF
- Gender fluid
- Gender queer
- Agender
- Intersex
- Butch
- Femme

If you still feel that your gender is misrepresented and there's nothing in the list you can identify with sufficiently, please let us know and we'll work out a solution.

To update your gender:

On desktop:
Click on your avatar / name in the top right hand side of the top menu and select Preferences, then click "Edit".

On mobile: 
Open the menu (by clicking on the icon in the top right corner) and select "Preferences" , then tap "Edit"
xVegetarianx
7 years ago • Aug 16, 2016
xVegetarianx • Aug 16, 2016
Hey, you are now going to get a very large rush of new users that are leaving FetLife, and our first concern is that currently all member profiles on here are public and visible to non-members. So our number one concern is that all member profiles on here should be viewable to members only, and any profiles linked to directly, should go to a redirect page to make people log in first. If this will take time to do, then please post a news update on the front page mentioning it is being done, so you don't lose any possible new members.

If you do need help from other web designers and script writers, just ask. Hundreds of us will gladly volunteer just so we can get away from FetLife.

Thanks.
xVegetarianx
7 years ago • Aug 16, 2016
xVegetarianx • Aug 16, 2016
The forum categories are hard to find. After a few hours, I did finally notice the small 'jump to box' at the bottom of the forum, but the most common place that people will look is here https://thecage.co/phpBB/index.php and at the moment, that page is completely blank. Can you add links to the forum categories on that page?

Thanks.
Villanelle​(staff)
7 years ago • Aug 25, 2016
Villanelle​(staff) • Aug 25, 2016
Curious to know if you all would prefer the most recent comments first in forum discussions as opposed to starting with the oldest and having to go through the pages.  Or do you prefer beginning with the start of the discussion?
xVegetarianx
xVegetarianx • Aug 25, 2016
Quote: Curious to know if you all would prefer the most recent comments first in forum discussions as opposed to starting with the oldest and having to go through the pages.  Or do you prefer beginning with the start of the discussion?
I prefer the way it is now, so when we see a comment, we will always know what page it is on. If it were to change to most recent first, then the comments would always be changing what page number they are on, and I would find that to be very confusing when trying to keep up with older comments.

Something I do suggest though, the page numbers should be above the comment box, so people don't over look pages. At the moment, if we scroll down, we see a comment box and it can give the impression that there are no more pages to view, because the pages listed below the comment box, are hard to see. They are off the screen and out of view.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Aug 25, 2016
Thanks for your feedback xVegetarianx icon_smile.gif  Whatcha think Assaf?  I agree about the pages being repeated lower down.
Cage Monkey​(staff)
Cage Monkey​(staff) • Aug 25, 2016
I agree,
Do you think that the comment box should only appear on the last page?
xVegetarianx
xVegetarianx • Aug 25, 2016
Yeah, comment box on last page only, that would be best. Either that, or have the comment box hidden, so a button makes the comment box appear. Then the page numbers can be seen right away, and people would still be able to comment without going to the last page.