Online now
Online now

Fear of being outed and its impact on a community

I'mME
1 year ago • Jan 30, 2023
I'mME • Jan 30, 2023
Kurai Mori wrote:
@I'mME;
I recall the Fet incident revolving around the credit card issue. I lost several groups in that mess and even had my old profile turned off. But I wasn't aware of the back story. I got the Fet version - that it was being driven by the credit company wanting to have control over the content of the site and what they would or wouldn't be associated with.

Kurai,
That is what happened but it was driven by a few well placed phone calls from one person.
I never heard what the outcome was of the case. I enjoy a person's views from that corner of the globe, Queensland.
Don't want to mention the name but the assault numbers are crazy, apparently corrupt local officials , it's a multi-level problem.

WOMEN & CHILDREN ARE STILL 2ND CLASS CITIZENS AROUND THE WORLD INCLUDING CANADA AND THE USA.
dollMaker​(dom male)
1 year ago • Jan 30, 2023
dollMaker​(dom male) • Jan 30, 2023
@ImMe the outcome of the case is still being worked at, more court time due this year, I suspect. This person was, its my understanding, a rival at trying to out dom that other character on that site, the one who did not end up in prison.

The particulars of the case your additional info took me too (I had forgotten about this domly mc domdom) are all over the news agencies and news papers, last mention I saw was Nov 2022. However nothing relating to some of your claims, which would make even more juicy additions to the material in the articles - more revelations to come out maybe. Though the troubles of that mentioned website are still more likely down to the understanding I have, shifting attitudes re financing adult sites, credit card processers not wanting to be associated with/offer facilities to bdsm sites/adult services etc, than the influence of some alleged bdsm cult leader.

I suspect the ultimate fate of this individual may take some time to be decided, as they say time will tell.
Vhale​(sub female){Yes}
1 year ago • Jan 31, 2023
Vhale​(sub female){Yes} • Jan 31, 2023
I'm actually very public about my participation in kink and bdsm. I recently moved but am going to join the community around my area once I settle in and my family knows and supports me. I have family that is also involved in the community and I am always willing to answer questions that come up for my vanilla family. I think personally that for me I'm not ashamed and talking about it as if it's any other relationship is easy. But I also have had friends that were very private about their involvement and understand and I have had vanilla friends that have said they want absolutely no information because it makes them uncomfortable and I respect that too. We just don't talk about relationships either way.
I'mME
1 year ago • Jan 31, 2023
I'mME • Jan 31, 2023
After reading this last comment, I realized I never answered the forum question.

My personal life has always been personal. I had a group of friends and while that liked to 'swap' around. Because that's exactly what is occurring when my friend keeps a mistress for however long, then they break and she dates someone else in the group. It becomes communal in a way. It's not my cup of tea. So I always kept my sexual habits, MY BUSINESS.

Then my mind focused down what kind of relationship did I see myself in. This was before I knew about the community
(using that word lightly, in the loosest connotation possible).

My vision was very similar to a power exchange.

If someone would start a conversation about the subject
(although I am not sure why people think they have the right to just willy nilly bring personal matters up like they are discussing lunch)

I would give it a go of trying to explain what I was looking for. That usually resulted in confused looks, ending of conversation, this 😲, or every once in awhile someone would look at me and say something along the lines of, You?

As far as outing, I do not talk about others business. If I saw someone out in the vanilla world that I knew from this world, I wouldn't blink an eye. I also wouldn't feel the need to explain to anybody else how I knew them. But mostly people would not ask me that question because I am always knowing someone when I go somewhere. Even out of town. Or it seemed that way for awhile.

Myself, I will never work for anyone that wants to know my personal business but I learned a long time ago nor to tell your personal business at work.

I understand humans can have different parts that make them who they are which I think many people never gain that aspect of others .

I have very few rules in my life. Children are off limits concerning any and everything. No exceptions.

I enjoy people from all parts of the world. Racism is ....there are no words.

It would never cross my mind to try and get someone into trouble for enjoying this life.

That mentality starts at a young age and flourishes as the person ages, unless something stops it. I previously stated some areas where people may have some legitimate concerns about having this part of their life out in the open.
LeNatureBoy
1 year ago • Feb 6, 2023
LeNatureBoy • Feb 6, 2023
I would never want to be outed among friends, family or business peers and am basically the very definition of alpha-sub. I would also never break the trust of anyone else by outing them.

However, I adore the idea of going away to a bed and breakfast couples retreat, where my Domme makes it a point to out me in general conversation among a few other ladies early in the weekend - with the full intent of wanting them to talk, whisper, tell their mates and have the word spread.