Online now
Online now

C-Section and Hysterectomy question

aceaceace​(sub female)
1 year ago • Dec 24, 2022

C-Section and Hysterectomy question

aceaceace​(sub female) • Dec 24, 2022
Uterus holding individuals,

If you had either a C-Section or Hysterectomy, how long after: A) Did the pain subside? 😎 Did you resume intercourse?

I am about 23 days out from it and I waited for the "extreme" pain they told me would come, and I never got it. I did have a bit of bleeding though and just general soreness. Have already resumed intercourse and no pain or anything.
jkillaaa​(sub female)
jkillaaa​(sub female) • Dec 24, 2022
I guess that depends on what you had done? A c-section is major abdominal surgery. Hysterectomies these days are usually laparoscopic and minimally invasive
jkillaaa​(sub female)
jkillaaa​(sub female) • Dec 24, 2022
Wow! Maybe you have a high pain tolerance? Just listen to your body.. if something hurts (in relation to the surgery 😜) then don’t do that thing. Congratulations!
KatyLatex​(dom female)
KatyLatex​(dom female) • Dec 24, 2022
Really random thought, but just to mention a (very small) risk of what I think is called air embolism- basically air being pushed into vagina then into bloodstream. It is pretty rare, but I read up on it a while ago, and more likely if there are cut/damaged surfaces of womb or nearby eg recent surgery or recent giving birth. I think it could be a reason why Medical Professionals may say to wait a while before sex, and also to be cautious of inserting other things in vaginal (vibrators etc). The thing to avoid in particular is anything acting a bit like a plunger- pushing air in without it being able to escape. I might have forgotten a few details so you may want to look it up, but might be relevant to working out when it is safe to have sex etc.

The other thought is that level of pain medication you are on, obviously if they gave you painkillers it could mask the pain you expected. (I’ve been caught out by that if I take strong painkillers and then think all muscle aches have magically disappeared!)
aceaceace​(sub female)
aceaceace​(sub female) • Dec 24, 2022
KatyLatex wrote:

The other thought is that level of pain medication you are on, obviously if they gave you painkillers it could mask the pain you expected. (I’ve been caught out by that if I take strong painkillers and then think all muscle aches have magically disappeared!)

Really appreciate the thoughts. I'm in recovery so no pain meds for me.
I did take a few Tylenol and ibuprofen on the worst day.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
1 year ago • Dec 25, 2022
In healthcare, we use a lot of generalities, but everyone responds individually surgically and to pain. i'm a critical care nurse and work with patients after major surgeries like open heart, etc.. Some are up walking around the next day using only Tylenol for pain, others can take a week or longer to get to a similar place.

When i examine a patient, i always assess for pain using the 0-10 method, but explain to that person that it's their personal pain scale. 0 is nothing, 10 is as bad as it can be. i ask where they are 'now,' then i ask for a second number: "what is a manageable pain level for you?" Some give me a 7 as "manageable," others "no pain," and every where in between. What i have learned in my practice is pain is very individual, so i approach treatment/intervention accordingly.

i also let the patient know that it can be fluid, they can change their numbers any time, because i have also learned that pain, like life, is fluid. Funny that, eh? Not unlike so many things, communication is key because no two people are alike.

If you are 23 days out from the procedure, sounds like you are through the worst of it. Yay you!!
SirsBabyDoll​(sub female){Pizza+☕}
I had a C-section and was told that sex could not be resumed for 6 weeks.

The worst part for me was when I'd cough or sneeze. Those actions involved the abdominal muscles, which had to be sliced through for the surgery.

I can only guess that there may be different techniques surgeons use when performing those surgeries, however, since you had a hysterectomy AND a C-section, that may account for your reduced pain levels. The air embolism IS a valid concern and I would recommend speaking to your doctor about these questions. They would know best.
SynUnrestricted​(dom female)
With all three of my c-sections, I was up and moving in 4hrs with relative little pain.
My sister took 3 weeks to get out of bed, with her one c-section.

I guess it's just dependent upon each person and their physiology.
aceaceace​(sub female)
aceaceace​(sub female) • Dec 25, 2022
Thank you so much to everyone for their responses.

I was mostly trying to figure out if I could have possibly messed something up that would have repercussions in the future. I did go see my doctor for my follow up and all is well.

❤
    The most loved post in topic