Online now
Online now

Pre & Post Covid: As a Dominant woman have you found any changes to how you are approached onlin

MstressWhipplash​(dom female)
1 year ago • Jan 26, 2023

Pre & Post Covid: As a Dominant woman have you found any

I will give my personal view a bit further down in this thread. Pre and Post Covid, folks going through lock down, upheaval and other life changes have likely changed sure I get that.

Question : As a Dominant Woman have you found any changes to how you are approached? Is that approach different depending on what site you are on?
Byrdie​(switch female){rl only}
1 year ago • Mar 8, 2023
I have noticed absolutely no change to how I'm approached online: it's usually people who are way out of my stated location range and age preference, and frequently people who are interested in things that I've listed in my limits list.
MissBonnie​(dom female){oz}
1 year ago • Mar 9, 2023
I'd say the same too...just as Brydie stated. Most are out of my preferred location, age range.

I've been at this lifestyle for a long time and been online for a long time..I do think the effort in general over the years is lessening. 10 to 15 years ago you got well crafted letter of introduction and true effort to create conversation. The last five years a few sentences if VERY lucky a paragraph. The last five years the effort has dropped down to a line of two if we are lucky. Most are one liners and pretty impersonal now with little to nothing to reply too. Its actually really sad that it's become such a superficial practice to get something so meaningful into actuation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The most loved post in topic
MstressWhipplash​(dom female)
11 months ago • May 2, 2023
MissBonnie wrote:
I'd say the same too...just as Brydie stated. Most are out of my preferred location, age range.

I've been at this lifestyle for a long time and been online for a long time..I do think the effort in general over the years is lessening. 10 to 15 years ago you got well crafted letter of introduction and true effort to create conversation. The last five years a few sentences if VERY lucky a paragraph. The last five years the effort has dropped down to a line of two if we are lucky. Most are one liners and pretty impersonal now with little to nothing to reply too. Its actually really sad that it's become such a superficial practice to get something so meaningful into actuation ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes I concur regarding the initial message getting shorter over the last five years.

I have been around a long time and Miss those well crafted direct messages. I do still some long messages but there isn't mutual compatibility.

I wonder if the current distracting society which pushes instant gratification and a 10 second attention span on social media has detrimentally contributed to shortening messages.
Miki
Miki • May 2, 2023
Not a domme -- not even a switch-- but I'll stick my nose in here anyway because "pre/post Covid" affects everyone.

I noticed an uptick in online activity back then which was to be expected given people are home more often or all the time.... "Work from Home" "School at Home" and similar horseshit, have an abundance of time on their hands.

[Side Note] I was not locked down. As one classified as a "critical infrastructure employee" I went to the office as usual, and then some.

But other than that, the content and direction of the approach hasn't altered. Sure, I'll respond to anyone who writes but it's all a variation on a theme. Dudes write, introductory pleasantries are exchanged. The exchanges continue for a bit, but once it becomes clear my mind regarding "Not Looking" will not be changed no matter how hard a guy gets, or tries, they wander away never to be seen again--- [except one dude, a switch with no "agenda", with whom I have exchanged messages for over a year]---- But the drive-throughs... that's all Jim-Dandy with me. No harm, no foul.

End Transmission
autisticbarbie
autisticbarbie • May 2, 2023
Agree about the messages getting shorter, which is bizarre to me too. I am another rando who is a not a domme and dropped in because I was curious about what is going on in here. I just think that potential suitors and dentists are not the people you want to play fuck around and find out with because that shit can cause a lot of pain (in a bad way) if done wrong. I'm super curious about success rate with the one-liners - my thinking is that it's low, because they usually follow up with angry messages. If they ask me why I'm ignoring them, if I have time I'll send a quick reply with what is wrong with them, but women are inundated with messages here why would we invest time into someone who doesn't invest into us?

So yeah, from the submissive woman side - tons of one liners some with pics that I don't care about either way. Lots of cool people on this site though too. I find Gen X folks write me the longest and best messages (I'm an older milennial). Not sure if that is just me.

MstressWhipplash wrote:
MissBonnie wrote:

Yes I concur regarding the initial message getting shorter over the last five years.

I have been around a long time and Miss those well crafted direct messages. I do still some long messages but there isn't mutual compatibility.

I wonder if the current distracting society which pushes instant gratification and a 10 second attention span on social media has detrimentally contributed to shortening messages.
Miki
Miki • May 2, 2023
@submissivejewishgirl

I TOTALLY had to make a notation to add that one to my list of (sometimes) sharp-edged wit for future use!

I never thought of it!!!

"Potential suitors and dentists are not the people you want to play fuck around and find out with."

Poignant in that I hate the dentist.

That fuck knows I can't hear but "Yack yack yack yack" all the way through the cleaning or whatever. Can't hear him but I can surely see that mask moving a mile a minute and his eye expressions.... I would closing my eyes, but then I wouldn't know what he's reaching for on his magic table of torture devices.

Anyway... 100 Miki Points for that one. (not redeemable for cash)