Online now
Online now

Blood and Electricity

MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
1 year ago • Feb 13, 2023

Blood and Electricity

MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • Feb 13, 2023
Casually strolling through profiles, I've noticed that blood/knife play and electricity play are fairly common limits. I'm curious as to why this is. I'm certainly not trying to limit-shame anyone, but I notice that a lot of self-confessed newbies list these amongst "the usuals" (a discussion in its own right, for a different thread), and I cannot help but imagine someone reading the kink lists on wikipedia, and, tempered by misleading social portrayals of the kink culture, picturing some dirty-bulb interrogation room with the ubiquitous car battery hooked by nastly looking alligator clamps to sensitive nipples. I could see blood play having a similar effect; imagining that next step of masochism where you let some "even more deranged psycho" hack you up with a knife.
I also know there are very valid reasons to be cautious with either of these kinds of play. Electrical play is really only a couple strips of rubber safeguard and some choice placement away from a potentially significant exposure, and you would be amazed at how easy it is to cause a nasty bleed out (or at the very least, a scar) if you do not have a basic knowledge of human anatomy, a steady hand, and the right cutting tool.

I'm just curious as to how often these are lumped into the "these should be limits" group that we are all so familiar with (despite only a couple of them being universally applicable). As previously stated, there is no room for limit-shaming (or kink-shaming for that matter) in this thread. Personally, I love both of these kinds of play for various reasons, but that is me.
    The most loved post in topic
Steellover​(sub male)
Steellover​(sub male) • Feb 13, 2023
I can't explain why violet wands and electricity don't work for me. It's just one of those things, like Sounding, that just makes me too uncomfortable (though the mere thought of sounding actually makes me queasy, so I guess that one is far more of a hard limit for me.)

Electricity can be unpredictble in certain situations (like, when mixed with water or wet surfaces) whereas blood can leave permanant scars or massive blood loss. I guess everyone has a different reason, and some might be okay with these things, they may not even be limits at all.
CSI
CSI
CSI • Feb 13, 2023
I am assuming they get lumped in with "limits that shouldn't need to be spoken" because they would be considered edgier play and not SSC (but how much of kink actually is). Unless both sides are informed about it and can make that decision independently, I think that is probably wise (especially for those new to the scene).

As for me personally, I have played with electricity and it reeeeaaaally isn't my thing. But knives are a yes if the person wielding it knows what they are doing...most actually don't.
Miki
Miki • Feb 13, 2023
I just don't like the thought of being cut or zapped. Cuts leave marks and blood is messy. Not a lumping thing, I just don't like the idea.
WhatamIfightingfor​(dom male)
Electricity plus blood can be a deadly combination. Thee is a story of the electrical student killing themself with a volt meter, blood is highly conductive story true o not. Few really seek blood, and if not done carefully is really dangerous. Some like me, know people who have had knife accidents and have nicked or severed major veins or arteries. There are emotional, and life experience reasons many things people list as limits, along with real hard physical limits. No matter the reason should be respected.
I'mME
1 year ago • Feb 15, 2023

Re: Blood and Electricity

I'mME • Feb 15, 2023
MisterAshmodai wrote:
Casually strolling through profiles, I've noticed that blood/knife play and electricity play are fairly common limits. I'm curious as to why this is. I'm certainly not trying to limit-shame anyone, but I notice that a lot of self-confessed newbies list these amongst "the usuals" (a discussion in its own right, for a different thread), and I cannot help but imagine someone reading the kink lists on wikipedia, and, tempered by misleading social portrayals of the kink culture, picturing some dirty-bulb interrogation room with the ubiquitous car battery hooked by nastly looking alligator clamps to sensitive nipples. I could see blood play having a similar effect; imagining that next step of masochism where you let some "even more deranged psycho" hack you up with a knife.
I also know there are very valid reasons to be cautious with either of these kinds of play. Electrical play is really only a couple strips of rubber safeguard and some choice placement away from a potentially significant exposure, and you would be amazed at how easy it is to cause a nasty bleed out (or at the very least, a scar) if you do not have a basic knowledge of human anatomy, a steady hand, and the right cutting tool.

I'm just curious as to how often these are lumped into the "these should be limits" group that we are all so familiar with (despite only a couple of them being universally applicable). As previously stated, there is no room for limit-shaming (or kink-shaming for that matter) in this thread. Personally, I love both of these kinds of play for various reasons, but that is me.

Me, I have anatomy and physiology I & II knowledge in spades, beyond that knowledge and I understand the exact risks involved in each of these types of play.

My sub bits are rarely pricked I have come to understand. I have come to understand that better or the reasons why and not being connected with someone prevents me from pick up play much less knife and electricity .

If I were in a dynamic, and they had consistently proven themselves (and that would be true or I would be gone) I would engage in some gun, electricity play.
Mrgoodbutt
1 year ago • Feb 16, 2023
Mrgoodbutt • Feb 16, 2023
I don't like what you would call blood play. But I've have my butt cheeks whipped a couple times where there was a small amount of blood. I've also have electricity used on me as a tease while being edged for long periods. But no cuts with knives . Or electricity that is true agony unless you've be a masters sub for a long time and do something despicable to him or her in which case you need to be put back in your place. Same with asscheeks, if you've wronged your master in a big way they should take the leater to your asscheeks and do such a job that you will never forget it.