Online now
Online now

Heart Profile

SassyinCali​(sub female)
1 year ago • Apr 12, 2023

Heart Profile

SassyinCali​(sub female) • Apr 12, 2023
When I first joined The Cage, I did not understand what it meant when someone would heart your profile. It took me a bit to realize that I could heart (aka love) someone's profile as well. I still don't understand if there is a protocol. Or if there is a meaning/intent behind it. I know everyone's intent may be different. But I am curious and thought I would put it out there and see if anyone was willing to share their thoughts.

I know as a sub, I do not tend to initiate contact. But, I will love a blog or comment as that seems clear to me that I am agreeing with or supporting or liking the content or topic.

My questions are:
1) When you love someone's profile, do you expect them to reach out to you? Or maybe hope they will?
2) When you love someone's profile, are you just stating that you like something about their profile and expect nothing in return?
3) Do you love other's profile hoping they will return the gesture?
4) Do you use that function? Or stay clear of it?

Thanks for your time.
Voldemort​(dom male)
1 year ago • Apr 12, 2023
Voldemort​(dom male) • Apr 12, 2023
I do it as a means to welcome. And that I'm partial to have a chat. Friendly chat. If they want to of course.
ursa​(sub female)
1 year ago • Apr 13, 2023
ursa​(sub female) • Apr 13, 2023
I tend to "heart" lots of blogs or forum posts that say something that I agree with or that resonates with me. People are always welcome to reach out to chat, but I wouldn't say I expect it. When I "heart" someone's profile, it probably means that there is something on their profile page that resonates with me or that I appreciate - either a way they have described a similar interest, or maybe it's just that I liked the meme they used as their profile picture. I think about "hearting" profiles the way I would compliment someone's outfit or band t-shirt at a party or a concert. A sort of "Hey, I recognize your vibe and I appreciate it!"
    The most loved post in topic
Steellover​(sub male)
Steellover​(sub male) • Apr 13, 2023
I will "Heart" a post if they say, in so many words, what I have been feeling but perhaps, couldn't articulate it as well as they did.
Or, if they make a very good, strong, relevant and valid point which I find helpful, or dispense advice which I feel is excellent advice.

I will "heart" a blog post for similar reasons, if what they say hits me just right or if I can relate, from a personal experience, to what they have posted.

If I "heart" a profile it doesn't necessarily mean I'm interested in "Being with" that person, so to speak. It means that we may have common interests, or that I think they are a solid, good person and a valuable contributer to this community. I am not seeking submissives of either gender, but would have no problem "heart"ing their profiles if I like what they say.
Hisproclivity​(sub female)
Hisproclivity​(sub female) • Apr 13, 2023
I use it to appreciate others profiles. I feel like some are quick and don't fill out their profiles. When someone takes the time and something resonates with me I "love" the profile!
K y i v
K y i v • Apr 13, 2023
I use it to remember I have read the profile. Nothing intended.

On blogs I use it to express a tue like.
Purĕ​(sub female)
Purĕ​(sub female) • Apr 13, 2023
I (most times) "🩷" a profile,
if I liked what I was reading.
But don't necessarily expect to interact with that person.

In fact, sometimes I even hold back on "🩷" a profile because I don't want to give that Person the impression of being interested in "him".
DarkDaddyDom
DarkDaddyDom • Apr 13, 2023
Kind of like you said, depends on the person. For the most part, I do not expect anything in return. Generally, I "love" a profile if I like how they described themselves, their photos, or just in general liked their profile. But there are also times I am hopeful that the individual will reciprocate and I can initiate a conversation that way. I use it very frequently, and I use it on all individual's profiles just to throw my support their way.
Solace​(dom male)
1 year ago • Apr 14, 2023
Solace​(dom male) • Apr 14, 2023
It swings from lady to lady. In general I find the majority of likes on my profile are an invitation to chat from a lady who is at least remotely interested.

I would guess and advise that most people especially men interpret it that way. Certainly there are people who do not use it that way, but in my experience they are a small number and sending a message to someone who has loved your profile is rarely a fruitless endevor.
autisticbarbie
1 year ago • Apr 14, 2023
autisticbarbie • Apr 14, 2023
I will heart a lot of blog posts or forum posts, because I either agree with them or liked what they had to say. I don't really use the heart profiles thing too much. If I heart a person's profile it's probably because I've communicated with them a lot or follow their blog. More likely to heart a female's profile than a guy's though.