Online now
Online now

Grandfather's paradox

Daniel Hudson​(dom male)
10 months ago • May 26, 2023

Grandfather's paradox

Daniel Hudson​(dom male) • May 26, 2023
Hey y'all, I've got a trick question up for you.
What if, you made a time machine and go back in time, and prevent your grandparents meeting each other.

So does that remove your fathers existence from the world? (Because the grandparents never met).
Which leads to you being erased from the world?

Which results in no time machine invented by you, so no one to prevent grandparents from meeting. Which would suddenly make your father appear and then you? But if you're in existence then you build a time machine and now you know the story.....

Thoughts?
SirsBabyDoll​(sub female){Pizza+☕}
10 months ago • May 26, 2023
I suppose it all depends on if you believe that destiny exists.

If you were meant to exist, nothing can stop it, thus, even if your grandparents didn't meet THEN, they would meet later.

Religious faith can also play a part. If you believe that God has ordained a thing, then nothing can stop it.
    The most loved post in topic
I'mME
10 months ago • May 27, 2023
I'mME • May 27, 2023
I believe that we keep returning in different people until our destiny is fulfilled.

So H.G. Wells, time machine or not I believe there is something higher in power at work.
Miki
10 months ago • May 29, 2023
Miki • May 29, 2023
It's called a temporal paradox, which is the closest thing we have to proof that time travel will never be possible.

But it's a fun debate and outstanding material for science fiction stories. You'd have an easier time declaring whether the chicken or the egg came first. Life has any variety of conundrums to contemplate when one has too much time on their hands.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another way to look at it: If anyone were to come up with a real-life version of the fucking WayBack Machine-- no matter how ethical-- would be incapable of resisting the temptation to play God and "adjust" (read screw around) with things.

We're talking about humans you know.

Plus, the way I see it, the past is like a burned match. -- A fart disbursed forever by the wind.. --Or that wad of TP you just wiped your ass with.

No Going Back.
I'mME
10 months ago • May 30, 2023
I'mME • May 30, 2023
Miki wrote:
It's called a temporal paradox, which is the closest thing we have to proof that time travel will never be possible.

But it's a fun debate and outstanding material for science fiction stories. You'd have an easier time declaring whether the chicken or the egg came first. Life has any variety of conundrums to contemplate when one has too much time on their hands.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another way to look at it: If anyone were to come up with a real-life version of the fucking WayBack Machine-- no matter how ethical-- would be incapable of resisting the temptation to play God and "adjust" (read screw around) with things.

We're talking about humans you know.

Plus, the way I see it, the past is like a burned match. -- A fart disbursed forever by the wind.. --Or that wad of TP you just wiped your ass with.

No Going Back.

Miki,

You may have read that in a book that sn human wrote. That's all you know.
The Bible was written by a person.
People are free to believe what they want to believe for whatever reason.

I myself, am a logical thinker , a person that gives things a lot of thought before I make any determinations. Not on everything, bc everything doesn't require thinking.

You sound like a science person and I am someone who believes in science. The OP's question in my mind seemed left an open door to voice other theories. 🤷
WakaSama​(dom male)
8 months ago • Aug 18, 2023
WakaSama​(dom male) • Aug 18, 2023
At first it was existence. If you can make time machine and go back to the past, your existence in reality is completely erased and your existence will become from the past. So, how can you existed in the past without parents? I think you will become something inhuman, like a ghost or something which can't interface the reality of the past because you never existed at the past.