Online now
Online now

50 SHADES OF GREY, WHATS YOUR OPINION?

Master Rob
10 months ago • Jun 6, 2023

50 SHADES OF GREY, WHATS YOUR OPINION?

Master Rob • Jun 6, 2023
5O Shades of Grey, the phenomenal best seller that has taken the world by storm. What is your opinion of the books, good, bad, or indifferent. Every one gets a view. But my opinion is this. I thought it was a tremendous love story, and a great integration of bdsm with in their developing love story. Now i know others, probably most cage members, feel it was a bad example of the way bdsm was portrayed, it gave bdsm a bad name, reputation, and forever linked it to Christian’s violence and traumatic up bringing. That the only reason people enjoy bdsm was to play out their “negative anger” and look for slaves who look like the dominant’s mother and beat them senseless. Oh and don’t forget, if he wasn’t rich and a billionaire, then no one would be talking about him. He would be living in poverty in a one room shack, trying to beat his slaves (mother) senseless.

Allow me to state my opinion, and then I am sure others will follow. Well I want others to follow. I thought it was a great modern love story. Everyone has unresolved childhood neuroses that appear as adults. We all do. No one in this life is perfect. We are all flawed and we all have stuff that we need to work through, resolve or sublimate. Christian did it in his own way, and I can not fault the man. He was able with the help of a woman who loved him unconditionally even with his flaws to push through his anger and achieve happiness with his partner. There were so many firsts for him, first time he took a woman in his helicopter, first time a woman is in his bed, first time he brought a home for a woman, first time he took anyone to his villa in aspen (I think), first time he allowed a woman to touch his scarred chest, and first time in love. isn’t that what the majority of people (women and men) want. They don’t want to travel this life alone. I loved their emails of banter, love, support, and intimacy. BDSM helped him work through his flaws. Others use BDSM just for their pure pleasure and excitement. What ever floats your boat, I say. The key here in life is to make your self happy or happier than yesterday. I am sure you have heard it a thousand times, but maybe its worth saying a thousand and one, life is too short and you need to make everyday count.

Your turn to comment……….
Miki
Miki • Jun 6, 2023
I never saw the movies but I did read a synopsis. Nice overall story, BDSM being just a part of it. At least as far as I saw. I might see the films one day, more for the overall story because focus isn't all on kink.

That's a lot like me. Being twisted is a small facet of who I am, along with being BI. Neither facet of my personality define me. So, yeah, one day I might get around to watching it and its sequels, Or I might just read the books. Books tend to have more intricate detail and character development than films.

Other than that I don't read literature whose focus is on freaky shit.

That stuff just doesn't butter my toast.

------------------------------------------------------------

Opinion sought and rendered for whatever it is or is not worth.
jkillaaa​(sub female)
jkillaaa​(sub female) • Jun 6, 2023
I had to force myself to finish the first book. I thought it was poorly written filler pages to get from one sex scene to the next.

I never read the others or seen the movie so I don’t have an opinion on those.
Whorgazmo​(sub female)
Whorgazmo​(sub female) • Jun 6, 2023
The movies were boring....I kept fast forwarding to get to the interesting parts and then ended up at the credits. It was like the Notebook in comparison to some of its BDSM predecessors.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Jun 6, 2023
A big pile of crap.

Really, a Twilight fanfic that got worked over.

I can shit a better book.
    The most loved post in topic
duchessbutterfly​(sub female){NotLooking}
My biggest problem was the lack of informed, enthusiastic consent, and lack of safe words. The series is poorly written and presents an unhealthy paradigm for relationships in general, and BDSM in particular.
Ubasti​(sub female){N/A}
Ubasti​(sub female){N/A} • Jun 6, 2023
Never read the books. Watched it in about 10 minutes pressing the fast forward. Time waster. Gives people an unrealistic view of BDSM and safe kink.
EpicParker​(sub female)
10 months ago • Jun 7, 2023
EpicParker​(sub female) • Jun 7, 2023
I read all the books years ago. Great books, but not an accurate portrayal of the community. Consent was a major key issue along with safe words. The dynamic seemed very controlling and one-sided. It was a nice love story with some flaws. If Grey was a real life dominant, he would come with red flags.
Master Rob
10 months ago • Jun 7, 2023
Master Rob • Jun 7, 2023
There were many instances in the movie, that consent was discussed, the detailed contract, and both of them discussing it, and there were at least two instances, where he went over the safe words. Do you feel that this was not discussed enough? And may i ask, what red flags would Grey have as a real life dominant?