Online now
Online now

If everyone has an opinion then why try to silence people?

Salath​(dom male)
9 months ago • Jul 4, 2023

If everyone has an opinion then why try to silence people?

Salath​(dom male) • Jul 4, 2023
Topic.

Stop the excuses for it. Either you always listen or you don't. Either everyone has a voice or it's a you problem.
Salath​(dom male)
Then you're a shit listener if you don't listen.

You're making excuses to try and justfy being a shit listener if you don't listen. Period.

It doesn't requrie consent. Do you need someone else's permission to have a voice? Well? Do you?

I always listen.
djinni​(dom female){smplylaura}
Salath wrote:

You're making excuses to try and justfy being a shit listener if you don't listen. Period.

It doesn't requrie consent. Do you need someone else's permission to have a voice? Well? Do you?

I always listen.

What do you want, a cookie? I, like many others, could care less. No one is required to listen or care about someone else’s opinion. In the great words of a million grandparents “Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and most of them stink”. People spout volumes of stuff, stealing thoughts of others to make themselves feel important. Should they be lauded a hero? Absolutely not.

Your opinion of how people “listen” means dick.
simplylaura​(sub female){djinni}
Salath wrote:

I always listen.

If your opinion is "pineapple on pizza is gross" and I happen to be pro pineapple on pizza (a little jalapeño goes a long way) , I'll listen and discuss. If your "opinion" is ignorant, unresearched, unearned, unsourced, or harmful, not only am I going to ignore it, I'm going to actively take a stance against it. Being "listened to" isn't a right.
    The most loved post in topic
Salath​(dom male)
If you don't care about the opinions of others then why would anyone care about yours?

If every opinion matters then you'll listen to every one.

Only an idiot ignores. Are you an idiot?
Salath wrote:
If you don't care about the opinions of others then why would anyone care about yours?

If every opinion matters then you'll listen to every one.

Only an idiot ignores. Are you an idiot?

Simple. Not everyone's opinion matters. Not even mine.
Salath​(dom male)
You're wrong simplylaura. Every opinion matters. Ignorance does not excuse the crime.

Do not confuse sympathy for responsibility and accountability. Only a coward avoids and ignores. It betrays everything honesty stands for.
Salath wrote:
You're wrong simplylaura. Every opinion matters. Ignorance does not excuse the crime.

Do not confuse sympathy for responsibility and accountability. Only a coward avoids and ignores. It betrays everything honesty stands for.

This is a fantastic example of an opinion not mattering.

I don't suffer the opinions of bigots, racists, transphobes and the like. Their opinions don't matter. It's not avoidance or dishonesty, it's not giving weight to ignorance. My time and intellect are valuable, I'm not going to waste them listening to insignificant opinions. Different opinions, sure, but once I deem them ignorant or insignificant I move on.