Online now
Online now

sub book club

fluffypoppet​(sub female){Protected}
9 months ago • Jul 15, 2023

sub book club

Today is the day we all get to talk all about our book club book of the month- Sex Ed: A Guide for Adults by Ruby Rare.

The Doms picked it, and they did such a good job.

This book hit so many nice spots.
- The art/illustrations
- The humor
- The education (I fucking love learning.)

By far my favorite part was the self-awareness it pushed by providing little activities.
- How we learn about sex:
- Sexual desire bingo:
- Sexual acceptance
- Genitals Naming Ceremony
- Insults Unrelated to Body Parts
- Love Letter to Your Genitals
- Getting the most of Solo Sex
- First Time Storytelling
- Sexual Political Values

The concepts were so well-written and expressed. For the most part, these aren't things that were part of my education in my youth. Hopefully other people found it helpful too.

But to the fun stuff...
(Possibly an overshare, but we're all friends here right???? Seriously though... skip this if you don't want to know TMI.)

Top 10 Turn Ons:
- Accountability in power exchange
- Gentle flogging
- Candlelight
- Consistent contact
- Being called a clever girl (this could be a whole blog post and probably will haha)
- Intense eye contact
- Being called a good girl
- Thoughtful actions (kindness just hits right)
- Good morning messages (it's the simple things- also... I am usually amorous in the morning.)
- Kisses on the neck (my kryptonite)

Top 5 Turn Offs:
- Baby talk
- Pain for pain's sake (I'll only take it as a side for pleasure.)
- Careless choices
- Poor listeners
- Confusing behavior or communication

My Favorite Genital Names: (the childish glee I get from these is just euphoric.)
- Pink Parts
- Lady Bits
- My Furry Kitten

I would LOVE to:
- know if you liked the book.
- know what your takeaways were.
- to read your love letters.
- to discover what names you picked for your privates.
- know what you would suggest for the sub book club to read in the future!!!

And, I would love to read along with you next month with our next book:
Ashes of Her Love by Pierre Alex Jeanty
(It is a quick read, I read it all in one night.)
K y i v
K y i v • Jul 15, 2023
I hate to admit, I skipped this one. I am tired of sex...sex...sex.. It is a minor part of my dynamic. Give me more of you than your body. You say I probably should have read it? Probably right ! No guilt book club... icon_wink.gif
sexycurves​(switch female)
sexycurves​(switch female) • Jul 15, 2023
I haven't finished the book yet. I don't usually read non fiction, but what I have read has made me pause and ponder. I got as far as naming my genitals. I have struggled with the little exercises like the desire bingo, etc. I'm going to have to go back and read it again. I love the design of the book. The quality of the pages. The illustrations. The plain English. The sex desire/emotional desire gave me more clarity - I've been unable to explain what turns me on and off. Like I said, this is something I need to return to, along with the other questions. I don't think I've learned anything new in terms of terminology, but the questions posed like what is it that makes you feel 'I had sex' (at least that's what I read) I'm having to consider. I automatically said to myself, penetration, but that's not quite true because I have had penetrative sex but not felt like I had sex...so...definitely pause and ponder
K y i v
K y i v • Jul 15, 2023
How about a rating system? I can't rate this one but. Maybe
One to five ❤️
jkillaaa​(sub female)
jkillaaa​(sub female) • Jul 15, 2023
I’m no stranger to the ‘unpopular opinion’ club so here goes:

I was disappointed by this book. I don’t know what I was expecting, but it wasn’t this. It has very basic information, but nothing new or even particularly interesting. It came off as very childish at some points, and not in the fun way.

I can see this book being good for young people (16 -20ish?) as like a starting point. Or maybe for someone very sheltered with no internet access? I don’t know.

The author made a point to be inclusive of all genders and identities so that was nice.
    The most loved post in topic
K y i v
K y i v • Jul 15, 2023
Killaaa, it a rare book anymore-written above the third grade level.
jkillaaa wrote:

I was disappointed by this book. I don’t know what I was expecting, but it wasn’t this. It has very basic information, but nothing new or even particularly interesting. It came off as very childish at some points, and not in the fun way.

I can see this book being good for young people (16 -20ish?) as like a starting point. Or maybe for someone very sheltered with no internet access? I don’t know.

The author made a point to be inclusive of all genders and identities so that was nice.

[Quietly raises hand] …was very sheltered. As a teen my internet use was also monitored heavily.

I love that you didn’t fall in love with the book. I think different perspectives are valuable. ☺️☺️☺️
sexycurves wrote:
I haven't finished the book yet. I don't usually read non fiction, but what I have read has made me pause and ponder. I got as far as naming my genitals. I have struggled with the little exercises like the desire bingo, etc. I'm going to have to go back and read it again. I love the design of the book. The quality of the pages. The illustrations. The plain English. The sex desire/emotional desire gave me more clarity - I've been unable to explain what turns me on and off. Like I said, this is something I need to return to, along with the other questions. I don't think I've learned anything new in terms of terminology, but the questions posed like what is it that makes you feel 'I had sex' (at least that's what I read) I'm having to consider. I automatically said to myself, penetration, but that's not quite true because I have had penetrative sex but not felt like I had sex...so...definitely pause and ponder

Well put, it made me think too. There are so many questions I never had to consider on my pipeline from religious upbringing straight into marriage. I love things that make me go hmmmm….
boundforlove​(sub male)
boundforlove​(sub male) • Jul 15, 2023
jkillaaa wrote:

I gave it a good go, but about halfway through it really felt like it was losing my interest, so I get where you're coming from. I think it's a good book for people who need to hear that their sexuality is okay to embrace, but really I felt like I learned most of this from the internet. I also definitely noticed the childish vibe and found it off-putting and at points irritating. I really like self help articles and books, but this just wasn't something that resonated with me.

I'll also add that she was really enthusiastic about sharing sexual experiences with friends, and that just isn't something I particularly want or need. I don't think it's wrong or the result of sexual oppression to have a private sex life; it's a preference. The last thing I would've wanted in middle school would be my friends asking if I masterbate (she mentioned how she wished she would've talked to friends and classmates etc about masterbating). I mean wtf, I guess at least she mentioned needing consent of others for it, but yeah, that's not something I would want casually thrown around. Then again, the author was in a religious school so maybe I just can't relate to her. It's good to have someone to talk to, but I'm not about letting everyone know exactly what I do sexually lol.
SubmissiveWish​(sub female)
9 months ago • Jul 16, 2023
Looks like I made the right decision not getting Sex Ed 😬

Ordered Ashes of Her Love, looking forward to it.
Will there be a new thread for that or will that discussion be here?