Online now
Online now

Random Thoughts

MasterDaddyFrank​(dom male)
9 months ago • Aug 2, 2023

Random Thoughts

Anything goes here, within the rules of the site. Please understand the rules of the site!
For example, the perfect ratio of dip to chip is 1.5
Miki
Miki • Aug 2, 2023
Hmm.

1 what to 5 what?

However, I dunk a chip into the dip and likely have too much dip to even see the chip.... Meaning I'll go through a container of dip before I can dip all the chips in the bag.

-------------------------------------------

Here's one that I always liked... "Serving Size: 6 Chips. Approximate Number of Servings Per Bag (x) ." (depends on bag size)

Now of course I know that they established a specific number of chips, crackers or whatever as a baseline for "Nutrition Facts" Calories, carbs, % RDA of sodium---That kind of shit, but when I was a kid and saw that and had (gasp) 7 or even 8 chips I'd look left and right and hope no one else in the family counted the chips that came in the bag, also I wondered if the broken ones counted as chips or portions thereof.

Or a 3/4 full box of Cocoa Crispies or what-have-you. It wasn't til later I saw the fine print (Fine Print makes the world go 'round) "Package sold by weight, not volume. Some settling may have occurred before sale"

Again I get it, the crap settles through packaging, shipping and stocking... but looking back upon my childhood/teen years with excess time on my hands for thought.. I recall wondering "Does this count the crushed Krispies at the bottom? The wayward scoop of.. cocoa? "

Nothing to complain about nowadays in times of Shrinkflation.. The 96 ounce"gallon" of bleach, the 42 ounce package of decidedly downsize ice cream when the older folks I count among way too many relatives recall the halcyon days of a genuine "half gallon" of ice cream.. The 64-ounce box.. and a real honest to Peete's pound of coffee.

-------------------------------------------

Delightful thread idea! Food for thought. Thanks, fella!
Thank you for the thoughts. Very funny. "Wayward scoop of cocoa"! But to answer your question, the ratio would be Weight of dip over Weight of chip equals one and one half. Obviously, I don't expect anyone to actually weigh these out. It's an educated approximation as one dips the chip.
LordofPain56
9 months ago • Aug 3, 2023
LordofPain56 • Aug 3, 2023
I don't use dip (or any type of condiments); mustard, katchup, mayonaise are not found here.
Boring? I think not. Try one of my hamburgers with home-grown leaf-lettuce, roma tomato slicea, bell-peppers and cucumber slices. You'll never go back to the storebought stuff.
Little Mel​(sub female)
Little Mel​(sub female) • Aug 3, 2023
The various Reese's shapes all taste different because of the chocolate to peanut butter ratio. Pumpkin shaped are top tier.
Miki
Miki • Aug 3, 2023
LordofPain56 wrote:
I don't use dip (or any type of condiments); mustard, katchup, mayonaise are not found here.
Boring? I think not. Try one of my hamburgers with home-grown leaf-lettuce, roma tomato slicea, bell-peppers and cucumber slices. You'll never go back to the storebought stuff.

Boring? Nahh. It's all about whatever makes you happy.

---------------------------------------

@Submel: Oh yes, the venerable Reese's cups.. I tend to like the originals but I see it comes in all shapes and sizes, including ice cream and tried most of the varieties.

Something about the peanut butter they use, though. I tried to be cheap and dip a plain ol Hershey bar, or a square thereof into "standard" peanut butter and while it was good, well, it was just a bit off.

-------------------------------------

I also still like peanut butter and Marshmallow Fluf..
Not palatable for everyone I'm sure but nevertheless that's what pits my prunes.

I happen to be one of those who can eat whatever I can put in my mouth and I still can't buy a pound.

I should enjoy that before I get older and my metabolism changes.

That would be a crappy scene.
It is raining in East Tennessee. I love when it rains here.
Southern Appalachia is a temperate rain forest. The diversity of life is only comparable to a tropical rain forest. The Great Smokies is a wonderful national park. The beautiful thing is if you are on top of a mountain and looking down after a rain when the sun comes out, you will see cloudlettes rising out of the trees. It looks like campfire smoke; thus, the Smokey Mountains.
    The most loved post in topic
Miki
9 months ago • Aug 4, 2023
Miki • Aug 4, 2023
@MasterDaddyFrank (furter??) ha ha ha

Yes that is a scene to be appreciated, but keep in mind (I saw a "cartoon" panel that said it, so if this goes over like a dead tree don't blame me!!)
Anyway nowadays they're properly referred to as the "Great Smoke-Free Mountains".
Miki
8 months ago • Aug 7, 2023
Miki • Aug 7, 2023
That was the quote. I saw a cartoon panel where two people were riding in a car, passing a sign that announced: "Great Smoky Mountains" but it was edited. "Smoky" was crossed out and under it someone scrawled: "Smoke-Free" and the caption below read : "Aren't they going just a bit too too far with this?"

It was a bunch of years ago.

It would be along the lines of what I write to assign a name to a wide-spot-in-the-road buried in one of those big, empty states out West, "Bear's Ass, Wyoming" I might have to adjust that to "Bear's Bottom"--- because "Ass" could be considered offensive to donkeys

(or mules or whatever the old name for beasts of burden was back in the days of scrolls and parchment.)