Online now
Online now

Your best reply for spam calls.

TwoRingsOneChain
7 months ago • Sep 14, 2023

Your best reply for spam calls.

TwoRingsOneChain • Sep 14, 2023
Just something a little different.
Recently I had a call from Four Seasons motels, at least that's what she said on the phone. But on my identification it had a person's name. So I replied with are you sure, to which they replied yes this is the Four Seasons Hotel. So I asked about the person's name on my phone and the lady hung up.
About 2 hours later, the same voice called back saying quit calling my husband. Again it had the same name on the phone on my ID. So I told the lady to have her husband call me on his phone instead of her phone.
A young sounding male called back pretending to have a deeper voice, and he used a different phone. So I stated, "do you have any idea who you're talking to"? The young man replied no. I then stated this is Deputy Sheriff Brown, from Sanilac County Michigan. That was the fastest hang up I've heard for a while.

Often when I get those spam calls, especially the voice from India. Or the one that's for the Secretary of State office wanting your information. I still respond with Deputy Sheriff Brown from Sanilac County. And they all end abruptly with a click!

Anyone else have any good comeback phrases for all those spam calls out there, love to hear your stories
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Sep 14, 2023
Well one time I got the "Can you hear me" spam call.

For those who don't know, when you get a call and after you say "Hello", they will say "Can you hear me?" They are trying to get you to say "Yes" so they can charge your phone for thousands of dollars and when you contest it, they will play a recording of you saying yes to agreement of payment

So anyway, I get this call while driving around and my stereo bluetooth automatically picks up the call and I say "This is (My Name)." They do their "Can you hear me?" bit and I go with:

"That you Petey? I FUCKING told you not to pull this shit? You know what fucking happened the last time you pulled this shit!!! I'm fucking going to go to your house, fuck your wife in the ass, shoot your dog and shit on your bed! YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT MOTHERFUCKER!!!!"

Amazingly enough, they stayed on the line through the whole diatribe til I was done.
    The most loved post in topic
autisticbarbie
autisticbarbie • Sep 14, 2023
I just don't answer the phone. I fear the phone and it messes up my routine. I'm old so it's kind of a 'get off my lawn' and email if you need something thing.
Lady Kat​(dom female)
Lady Kat​(dom female) • Sep 14, 2023
I have a few responses, from repeating “I don’t understand” in an increasingly loud voice, swapping to french, the second they stop speaking, and finally, my favorite, having a ridiculous argument with myself in two different accents until interrupting those two with a third voice in a deeper register as the doctor asking how the first to escaped their restraints. Only once has the third voice made it through to the gurgling scream at the end before they hung up, but my partner watched the entire performance.
FunCouple{.-Couple-.}
FunCouple{.-Couple-.} • Sep 14, 2023
My favourite is:

“The jobs done ……. But there’s so much blood”

Then hang up.
FC
Random Male​(dom male)
Random Male​(dom male) • Sep 14, 2023
When I know it's spam, immediately once I know there's a real person on the other end....it's either a full blast from my rescue whistle, or the most primal scream I can muster. Either way....it's been a moderately effective strategy.
Satindragon
7 months ago • Sep 15, 2023
Satindragon • Sep 15, 2023
It depends on their opening line…

If they ask for me by name, I ask how did you get my number.

If they claim to be from social security. I laugh the tell them there’s a special place in hell for scammers
Steellover​(sub male)
Steellover​(sub male) • Sep 15, 2023
If I pick up the phone and hear someone ask "Is Sylas* there?" I immediately hang up, knowing it's probably someone I don't want to talk to. Or, I'll make up a fake name and say "No, this is Jim Farnsworth." Because, everyone that knows me only called me by my shortened name, Sy. Nobody but telemarketers ever called me "Sylas."

(*my real name obviously isn't Sylas or Sy, and I don't really know anybody named Jim Farnsworth, but I don't want to use my real name on the forums.)

I once told some survey caller that I really had to take a shit, and he hung up,. And another time, I started asking the surveyor questions like "What are you wearing? Are you naked? Can you touch yourself for me?" At which time she cussed me out and hung up.
Richlydefined​(sub female){Gardener}
My grandfather taught me my favorite approach to this, typically they call and ask "How are you today?" Or something like it so we say in our deepest most affected MN accent "Oh, you know I could be doin' better after the surgery you know but I sure appreciate you callin' to check in on me." Then hang up.

I can only imagine the confusion after the hang up.