Online now
Online now

The Moderation on this Website is Bizarre

autisticbarbie
7 months ago • Sep 19, 2023

The Moderation on this Website is Bizarre

autisticbarbie • Sep 19, 2023
I'm having a difficult time understanding the moderation on this website. Am I the only one who sees it as highly biased? I'm on the spectrum, so I'm genuinely curious if I'm just the a-hole here (it's possible). They've deleted four of my blog posts, the last time saying that it's because i said I changed my username here and listed both usernames. Meanwhile, legit predators are on here DMing and threatening people nonstop. What am I missing? Btw, I won't take any of the answers personally, please feel free to be honest.
Steellover​(sub male)
Steellover​(sub male) • Sep 19, 2023
I think some more clarification of rules might be in order. While I'm not complaining, I have had blog posts flagged for speaking out AGAINST hate and intolerance, rather than promoting it- which I didn't quite understand. Maybe that whole subject is just taboo overall? I guess, if a blog post gets flagged, it might be useful to know WHY it was flagged or what caused it to be flagged, so as to learn what words or subjects to avoid.
autisticbarbie
total agreement... and I am not a person to talk shit unless it's happened several times. The amount of BS i've had to deal with from predators on this website could have gotten me killed if I were a "lower functioning" (sorry to say that that but i didn't know how else to say that) autistic person. I stick around and post blogs here because I am looking out for other folks on the spectrum. I think this site chases off women a lot bc they are anti posting commercial interests and I don't need any money from you people so I was trying to be the change i wanted to see in the world.
Solace​(dom male)
Solace​(dom male) • Sep 19, 2023
Have you tried messaging them directly for clarification? They've been very accommodating to me in several matters both personal and not.

As for you distinction between your blog and messages... I would say it's a different ballgame. With the vast quantity of messages that exist it isn't practical for the cage to moderate them. Instead they give us the tools to moderate by deleting, blocking and if need be reporting.

Also I don't think people want private messages being read freely. There are things I'd say in private messages with someone I'm comfortable with that I wouldn't say in public spaces like blogs or forums. I think many would be uncomfortable with the idea of what was believed to be a private conversation being cruised through by an unknown person
autisticbarbie
Solace wrote:
Have you tried messaging them directly for clarification? They've been very accommodating to me in several matters both personal and not.

As for you distinction between your blog and messages... I would say it's a different ballgame. With the vast quantity of messages that exist it isn't practical for the cage to moderate them. Instead they give us the tools to moderate by deleting, blocking and if need be reporting.

Also I don't think people want private messages being read freely. There are things I'd say in private messages with someone I'm comfortable with that I wouldn't say in public spaces like blogs or forums. I think many would be uncomfortable with the idea of what was believed to be a private conversation being cruised through by an unknown person

I would never post a person's private messages or doxx anyone. That's wrong. What they are doing is wrong too. It's wrong to say you believe in sexual freedom and shut down women who break no rules because you don't like them
Solace​(dom male)
I think we have a misunderstanding here, assuming the probability that your replying to me.

I'm not saying you would dox anyone, that it isn't wrong, and I seem to be missing the context about shutting down ladies and sexual freedom.

What I am saying is messages are private and the moderators don't crawl through our love letters, failed or not, to police them. I am also saying that even if the moderators wanted to do that the quantity of said private messages is too great to be financially feasible.
autisticbarbie
Solace wrote:
I think we have a misunderstanding here, assuming the probability that your replying to me.

I'm not saying you would dox anyone, that it isn't wrong, and I seem to be missing the context about shutting down ladies and sexual freedom.

What I am saying is messages are private and the moderators don't crawl through our love letters, failed or not, to police them. I am also saying that even if the moderators wanted to do that the quantity of said private messages is too great to be financially feasible.

I can't argue with that. My issue is why constantly delete the blog posts of people who have violated no rules yet claim to be inclusive? Especially given the amount of harassment women on here have to deal with daily?
autisticbarbie
its not just this forum but of course this place is doing it too. Why do women's rights issues and women speaking up for other women posts get deleted so much here? Are there women moderators on this site or is it male gaze only?
Solace​(dom male)
Again I lack your context. I am in no position to judge if your instances were in the wrong or not.

It is not my impression however that ladies or their rights are being censored here. At least to the extent that it is more than their community counterparts. Others are welcome to throw their hat into this ring on that matter.

If you are referring to blog posts of your own, have you tried messaging the moderators to discover what was wrong with an entry and then reposting it with thatcaspect removed?

If wish to have a more focused conversation perhaps you could detail what rights specifically are being censored and how.
Little Mel​(sub female)
Little Mel​(sub female) • Sep 19, 2023
I agree. I had a friend warn me in a private message of an unsafe guy on this site. I mean, in person meetup that went horribly wrong. Her account was gone within 24 hours. You literally can't mention any usernames at all, which makes me very uncomfortable. I'm still here for the information and hopes that I'll find what I'm looking for, but I also know that no one will help me if anything goes wrong.