Online now
Online now

Profile Layout ~ Problems

Purĕ​(sub female){♥︎loved}
6 months ago • Oct 7, 2023

Profile Layout ~ Problems

Hey, maybe someone of You can help me, since I wait since 4 Days on a reply from thecage.

The Layout of my profile is totally weird.
After every line,there's a big gap/space, which is clearly not there when I edit my profile.

As soon as I save changes it is adding those gaps.

Another thing is, in the "Whats New" part, it isn't possible for me to have the text "fat" ,... but in all other things it's possible.

Anyone ever had the same issues ?

🙄😪
Thanks in advance
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Oct 7, 2023
With Cage being based on Israel, there may be problems with the site for a bit.
Miki
Miki • Oct 7, 2023
They could very well have a filter system that blocks words that can be perceived as pejorative.

There are quite a few sites that block such words as most, if not all the time, people who deploy such terminology are trolls looking for a fight.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Of course I never have nor ever will be found on social media outlets such as "x", "tik-tok" and so-forth as I have absolutely no use for any of those platforms, so I can't say specifically which sites block offensive words or which ones don't.

But if you really want to deploy a reference to "fat" use alternatives such as "corpulent" , "portly", "heavy-set" etc.

....or if one desires to describe themselves as weighty, one can always put: "I used to be as big as a house, but since I went on GOLO, now I'm only as big as a garage."
Miki wrote:
They could very well have a filter system that blocks words that can be perceived as pejorative.

There are quite a few sites that block such words as most, if not all the time, people who deploy such terminology are trolls looking for a fight.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Of course I never have nor ever will be found on social media outlets such as "x", "tik-tok" and so-forth as I have absolutely no use for any of those platforms, so I can't say specifically which sites block offensive words or which ones don't.

But if you really want to deploy a reference to "fat" use alternatives such as "corpulent" , "portly", "heavy-set" etc.

....or if one desires to describe themselves as weighty, one can always put: "I used to be as big as a house, but since I went on GOLO, now I'm only as big as a garage."

I think You misunderstood my whole "Problem".
I'm meant the space between lines. Paragraphs. Free space. No words missing or whatsoever.

And, with "fat" I meant that the text is shown "thicker" than usual. fat printed
TopekaDom wrote:
It appears the text is in bold typeface?

Mhmm, not for me.
Maybe the problem is just on my side.
But its still annoying with the big space between "paragraphs" , it's definitely not in my editor that way.
Miki
6 months ago • Oct 8, 2023
Miki • Oct 8, 2023
[quote="Purĕ"]
Miki wrote:

Looks like I did. My bad... sort of... But bold is "bold". I have never seen, until now, "fat" used to describe bold-face text on a screen, or on paper for that matter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

All that aside, what I wrote stands, filed under "G" for "General Information"-- in the Twilight Zone...

... at least.

If not on this site, (I would venture to guess not, as I've seen an abundance of "F-Bombs" in my years in this place. )

--- But without doubt on other sites I have been on, Forum-type sites, not tik-tok type bullshit-- especially "Comments" on Yahoo News. A lot of stuff not even intended to be insulting is either censored forthwith or if it does post and some snowflake bitches about a post, they delete said post and email a warning:

"Your post has been rejected for violating Community Guidelines"

Anyway I never had a problem editing my profile and any spacing betwixt paragraphs is by design.

IDK if you posted your issue in the Technical "department" but from what I have seen, the most visible of their resident geeks "CageMonkey" responds fairly quickly.
You could always PM him with your issue.

Peace Out.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 8, 2023
Thanks to everyone who responded - to the OP, we're not as quick to respond over weekends - sorry about that!
    The most loved post in topic
Villanelle wrote:
Thanks to everyone who responded - to the OP, we're not as quick to respond over weekends - sorry about that!

No worries...
Eventho I wrote him on October 3rd a message...

I'll just keep trying different things...maybe I solve the problem myself....

💚