Online now
Online now

Leather cuffs - Furr or no Furr?

TopekaDom​(dom male)
6 months ago • Oct 13, 2023

Leather cuffs - Furr or no Furr?

TopekaDom​(dom male) • Oct 13, 2023
So in putting together my unnamed whatzit (I'm thinking of calling it my Pillory Lead, but not sold on that name yet), I am going to need a new set of cuffs. This is so I don't have to keep moving the cuffs from my chair to the whatzit. In looking around, I have found a fairly cheap faux leather cuff that will work but it does not come with any padding.

No being the Old School Bastard I am, I don't care if there is padding or not. Cuffs are supposed to be uncomfortable.

However, it got me wondering what subs are used to these days. Do you all play with padded cuffs or not?
ThomasVa
ThomasVa • Oct 13, 2023
It makes no difference to me as long as the color is mauve.
shebakesalot​(sub female)
shebakesalot​(sub female) • Oct 13, 2023
I have fleece-lined ones and those are super comfy, BUT they get sweaty. The Dom I play with has padded ones and those are also comfy, but since I'm wiggly, they sometimes rub.

But like you said, Dom's the boss so whatever he cuffs me in is what I'm in 🤷🏽‍♀️😂
Sololoquy
Sololoquy • Oct 13, 2023
I'm getting some padded leather cuffs just now but I enjoyed being subjected to plain metal cuffs in the past. Comfort is secondary.
nova relocate​(sub male)
nova relocate​(sub male) • Oct 13, 2023
I agree that since you’re in charge it’s really up to you. but I’d say depending on the sub. I like more sensual stuff sometimes so fluff is always fun. But if I’ve been to much of a brat good old smith and Wesson handcuffs are exactly what’s needed icon_wink.gif
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
6 months ago • Oct 14, 2023
Sincorrigible​(sub female) • Oct 14, 2023
Mine are not. And I'd not want it. But I really care for the feel of leather. More hygienic for clean up as well maybe?

I find a lot of this modern stuff you get on lingerie/sex shop sites kind of cheap and icky.

But then I'm a girl who was taught to boil, burn, and oil hemp rope for play. So may not be the most modern up to date submissive 😉🤣
    The most loved post in topic
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Oct 14, 2023
Furry are harder to keep clean, padded just a wipe, something furry needs more than that.
lambsone
lambsone • Oct 14, 2023
Being an older Submissive I can bruise easily so at this point in life, if I had the choice, I would pick the interior to be padded or guilted to soften the impact of the metal or leather cuff. That way I could last longer during a session which has not only a physical affect for me but also a psychological one. If I couldn't last long, I would start thinking that I couldn't be a submissive at this age and that would be devastating for me. I think perhaps rather than settling on only one form of cuff, have several choices available so you're ready for any situation.
I'mME
6 months ago • Oct 15, 2023
I'mME • Oct 15, 2023
lambsone wrote:
Being an older Submissive I can bruise easily so at this point in life, if I had the choice, I would pick the interior to be padded or guilted to soften the impact of the metal or leather cuff. That way I could last longer during a session which has not only a physical affect for me but also a psychological one. If I couldn't last long, I would start thinking that I couldn't be a submissive at this age and that would be devastating for me. I think perhaps rather than settling on only one form of cuff, have several choices available so you're ready for any situation.

lambsone,

You thinking is spot on. Whatever age a sub is, that's a bony area that bruises easily on most people. The aspect of visible bruises may be something people may want to look at as well.

Your answer got my brain to thinking.
starsailor
4 months ago • Dec 3, 2023

Re: Leather cuffs - Furr or no Furr?

starsailor • Dec 3, 2023
TopekaDom wrote:
So in putting together my unnamed whatzit (I'm thinking of calling it my Pillory Lead, but not sold on that name yet), I am going to need a new set of cuffs. This is so I don't have to keep moving the cuffs from my chair to the whatzit. In looking around, I have found a fairly cheap faux leather cuff that will work but it does not come with any padding.

No being the Old School Bastard I am, I don't care if there is padding or not. Cuffs are supposed to be uncomfortable.

However, it got me wondering what subs are used to these days. Do you all play with padded cuffs or not?

No furr in this house, and we don’t do fluffy cuffs ether 😂 no no no!