Online now
Online now

Sweetest Day Oct 21 What Are Your Kinky Plans?

lambsone
6 months ago • Oct 21, 2023

Sweetest Day Oct 21 What Are Your Kinky Plans?

lambsone • Oct 21, 2023
Saturday October 21, 2023 is Sweetest Day in the Midwest. Do you have any kinky plans to celebrate? Please share what you'll be doing and give us some inspiration.
Miki
Miki • Oct 21, 2023
No... Even on holidays I'm not given to much celebration although I'm in fair spirits most of the time. Hell I don't even let people fuss over my birthday. Most don't even know what day it is and I like it that way.

But more importantly, I'll have to look that up. I had seen it on calendars, especially older "vintage" ones but without hitting reference material I can't figure out what is so sweet about October 21. I would think ten days later, Halloween because all the chocolate bars and Resses cups those kids will be wolfing down.
lambsone
lambsone • Oct 21, 2023
It was a Hallmark employee that started it around 1922 Miki. You can read about it here:

https://corporate.hallmark.com/holidays-occasions/sweetest-day/#:~:text=Holiday%20History&text=Legend%20has%20it%20that%20Sweetest,those%20who%20often%20were%20forgotten.

I admit, when I first heard about it, I figured that the card companies just wanted to make extra money outside of Valentine's Day. But it has become popular so I guess folks like the idea.