Online now
Online now

Am I wrong for setting an age limit?

meowineedhelp​(sadist trans man)
5 months ago • Nov 11, 2023
it depends on your over all goal - if you just want have sex - just f*** for the f**** of it then that is your choice.

personally - i like to make love and to make love... ive discovered i don't even need to touch the person....

personally - i love old men as much as i love old women...

personallu - i think im in love with a 70 year old trans woman. sigh.
tallslenderguy​(other male)
5 months ago • Nov 11, 2023

Re: Am I wrong for setting an age limit?

silentnotes wrote:
I have posted an ad which can be seen on my profile, in which I state that I am looking, but I set an age limit. I understand that I'm limiting myself with that and that there are a lot of people I should be careful around with the limit I set. I set the limit because of my own comfort.
Recently I have been getting messages that I shouldn't be doing that or that I will draw in the wrong people and I am starting to question if it was a mistake or if I jst should stop looking until I am comfortable with people that aren't in that age group.

I kind of feel a bit lost about what I should do or how I should deal with those kind of responses, the obvious would be to ignore it but it's starting to get to me a bit.

i think it's great that you ask. To me, one of the ways we see and learn about our self is in the reflection of relationship.
i don't think it's a question of right or wrong. If you say "no," it should always be respected, no matter how you say it. i don't think anyone has the right to violate anothers volition.
To me, the limits we put in an ad or profile is an attempt to control who and what we encounter before vs making that choice after we encounter them.
i've been surprised to find myself attracted to someone who falls outside some of my wants/needs, but falls inside others. We're complex, mixed and fluid. i think boundaries are an ongoing, moment to moment part of relationship. i don't believe we should ever presume on each other, but should continually look and see, listen and hear each other right now.
NobleRedbeard​(dom male)
5 months ago • Nov 12, 2023
NobleRedbeard​(dom male) • Nov 12, 2023
In no way is asking for what you want a bad thing. Anyone who tries to force you to enjoy things outside of your comfort zone is being manipulative.
CuddlingIsAMust​(sub female)
Honeeeyyy, I think it’s perfectly natural to set an age limit for when you’re looking for a partner. Age, location, marital status, these are things that directly influence the experience you’ll have with the people you meet. It’s not something superficial like putting a height requirement.

Never feel bad about knowing what you want and setting boundaries.

Good luck out there ❤️
Sweet Ginger​(sub female){}
We all have preferences and they should be respected. I have in my profile that I prefer "older men" within a range, my preference is between (55-65). Most don't read profiles...if i was approached by someone who wasn't necessarily within that range would i bend that preference slightly....ummmm possibly, if I felt there was a connection. ...I have been contacted by men in their early 20s and some in their 70s, for me, that's too old ... that's no reflection towards that person..you may take great care of yourself but that is my preference. Different strokes for different folks... [no pun intended]. 🤭
SassyMolassy​(sub female){iso IRL}
5 months ago • Nov 13, 2023
No. No, you are not wrong.

Back in my fet days, younger men (25yo "Masters," I'm looking at you) tried to dissuade me from having a minimum age.

You know what? You are allowed to set whatever limits and criteria you want.

Are you seeking Buddhist pansexual men who live in Montana, are at least 6'5", between the ages of 27-30, with red hair and glasses who have a post-doc in aeronautical engineering? You do you, girl. Your choices.

I'm so tired of this kind of nonsense and so-called D-types messaging women 7on these sites and trying to gaslight them into thinking their choices, wants, needs, preferences, etc. are flawed.

I'm also buzzed, so am salty right now. Take that into consideration.

But my advice is to stick to it your age limits.
Byrdie​(switch female){rl only}
5 months ago • Nov 21, 2023
There are plenty of people who set limits about weight, gender, race, relationship orientation, role, etc. Why not age?

Why can other people have their boundaries, but you can’t have yours?

You want who you want. People who have to poke at that online should consider getting out to in person events, FFS.
captainwaddles
5 months ago • Nov 21, 2023
captainwaddles • Nov 21, 2023
As an older guy who is generally agnostic to the age of a prospective sub, I appreciate when people put their age limits on their profile or personals. Same with limits for weight or height. Sure, it sucks to see someone you think is cute and then find out that you aren't their type. You know what sucks worse, composing a message to someone, taking the time to read their profile and *then* finding out that they aren't interested. When you do things your way I don't waste my time, and you don't waste yours. You have your preferences and you are entitled to them, and if anyone tells you otherwise, that is a major red flag.
Notely
5 months ago • Nov 25, 2023
Notely • Nov 25, 2023
Looks are not but if they carry themself well look good for their age act mature they are 50 but look like late 30s or 40s but get in your mind and soul some people out thier don't look their age could be older look younger you have age limit but if the age is good you can catch up to them age doesn't matter who treats you good and respects you but in way age limit still matters.
House Talion​(dom male)
4 months ago • Nov 28, 2023
House Talion​(dom male) • Nov 28, 2023
Welcome to the buffet of the lifestyle. Take what you want and to hell with anyone that says your doing it wrong