Online now
Online now

What Is A Common Misconception About You?

SnowMinx​(sub female){Owned}
5 months ago • Nov 5, 2023

What Is A Common Misconception About You?

As I start to settle in at the Cage and recognize some regular names, my inner curiousity emerges. Im a curious kitten so lets push out of our comfort zones and learn more about each other. Here we go;

■ what's a common misconception you hear about yourself or a partner? Maybe you laugh it off, maybe it secretly annoys you. This can be misconceptions in real life scenarios or on line.

Theres gotta be some spicey ones 🔥.
SnowMinx​(sub female){Owned}
Ill go first. My friends think I would be a man eater, a dominatrix type, dressed in leather with a whip. They would never believe that Im actually the submissive one who wants to give up all my control, and kneel naked at my doms feet.
Sincorrigible​(sub female)
That I'm a ball breaker. Not submissive.

I can top, have topped, do top.

But it never fails to delight me that people don't understand how power exchange dynamics manifest.
lambsone
lambsone • Nov 5, 2023
Nothin' spicey 'bout me,
I'm as plain as can be,
'Till I suck his cock,
And the Dom yells yeehee!
TopekaDom​(dom male)
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Nov 5, 2023
That I am always nice to people.

You piss me off and I will turn my back on you like Paul Cicero did to Henry Hill in Goodfellas.

And I do not forgive.
Bunnie
Bunnie • Nov 5, 2023
People often mistake my kindness and tolerance for weakness.
It may seem to others that I don’t have boundaries, because perhaps they’re not as obvious as many people’s, however, I do have them, and they are solid.

I think also that my softness is often mistaken for being incapable.
It has taken a lot of work for me to accept and share openly my “humanness” and lack of “perfection.” To me, there is an inner strength that comes from removing our inner walls to ourselves, and only those who’ve done that can recognise this. Many others simply see it, again, as weakness.
    The most loved post in topic
Steellover​(sub male)
Steellover​(sub male) • Nov 5, 2023
Bunnie wrote:
It may seem to others that I don’t have boundaries, because perhaps they’re not as obvious as many people’s, however, I do have them, and they are solid.

As someone who identifies as submissive, I battle this all the time. You try to do the right, fair, noble and honorable thing, be a gentleman, be generous and kind, and people just take advantage of you and treat you like a push-over. And then, when you do stand up for yourself, stand your ground, people think you are being a jerk- it can be a really tough balancing act in dealing with some people.
Sir Sylvain​(dom female)
Sir Sylvain​(dom female) • Nov 5, 2023
Bunnie wrote:

I think also that my softness is often mistaken for being incapable.
It has taken a lot of work for me to accept and share openly my “humanness” and lack of “perfection.” To me, there is an inner strength that comes from removing our inner walls to ourselves, and only those who’ve done that can recognise this. Many others simply see it, again, as weakness.

**This. As a Dominant, I relate to this so much. As hard as I am, I think when it is unearthed, my softness unnerves my subs. And it is not an invitation to take advantage. Unfortunately, it has happened and they learn quickly...the hardness returns.
LordofPain56
LordofPain56 • Nov 5, 2023
People who had known me at work could obviously see that I am confident, efficient, knowledgable, dependable and turn out a good work product. They would probably see me as an alpha type.
Outside of work, I am the same way, so I would suspect those also see me as an alpha.
The misconception; I do not look the part at all. So people who don't know me would probably assume that I am passive at least. It never bothered me what people think. I am using the best of what God gave me to bear good fruit.
The good news....no one has ever confronted me to ask if I would sub for them.
Knightsundere​(sub male)
5 months ago • Nov 6, 2023
Knightsundere​(sub male) • Nov 6, 2023
All of my friends and family (and half the men over 30 on this site) think I'm gay 😢
Or at least, the ones I don't hide my fashion sense from. I'm very straight, it's just more comfortable for me to be desiring a housewife kinda role. Having an actual gay phase in my teen years doesn't... help my case much LOL but, hey, had the same confusions that they did myself and had to resolve them by trial and error.