Online now
Online now

Travel in 2024

SnowMinx​(sub female){Owned}
3 months ago • Jan 3, 2024

Travel in 2024

Where do you plan to go and explore this year? Will you cross anything off your bucket list? Let's make this an all things travel thread. What is your favorite place you've been and why? Would you go back or do you prefer to try something new? Travel is something I'm passionate about whether it's near or far.
Varangian​(dom male)
3 months ago • Jan 3, 2024
Varangian​(dom male) • Jan 3, 2024
I’m thinking Canada to do some camping, fishing and hunting maybe shoot a moose in the face I hear they are mostly blind.
I would like to meet the queen and see if she will fist bump me.
Listen to some Canadian jazz drink some maple syrup pale ale, try the local delicacy’s, I keep hearing and reading about maple syrup covered deep fried chipmunk sound heavenly.
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
3 months ago • Jan 4, 2024
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Jan 4, 2024
I enjoy writing. In my writing and stories, I like to journey to the locale to pick up the actual feeling and even include local shops or diners in my writing. This year I plan to hit the Alabama/Mississippi region for a short visit and probably the Great Lakes. In the future (post final retirement - probably 23 months) I plan to tour the inner states of the US. I’ve spent a lifetime traveling the world as a profession. Now I’d like to see what I was traveling for. 😉

And much like the gentleman above, I’m hoping to return to camping more regularly. For this Christmas I received a few items towards that end so now it’s just a matter of scheduling. Probably the Smokey Mountains and the Appalachian Trail.

For just fun, I constantly drive up and down the East Coast, visiting family and friends. But that isn’t the kind of “traveling” your post is inquiring into I do believe.
    The most loved post in topic
lambsone
lambsone • Jan 4, 2024
At some point this year, I will travel halfway to meet my Dom/Master in person. He will travel the other half to meet me. It will be in Ohio wherever it takes us to travel 2.5 hours each towards each other. I'm looking forward to meeting in person. We've done plenty of texting and talking on the phone the last 3 months, so it will be nice to be in each other's presence.

Other than that, I may travel to PA if an aunt on either side passes away. I know this isn't a typical vacation, but it gives me the chance to return to my roots and brings up all kinds of memories for me to reflect on and have new conversations with family members who are still living. There is something about those hills in Western and Southwestern PA that call to me. I can sense it as soon as I cross the Ohio border into PA. It's a great feeling.

Someday I would like to visit Scotland from my dad's side of the family. Maybe find some ancestral records pertaining to my family line. Depending on the DNA results from 2 different companies, I am also Irish. Our family has records of when we arrived in the States and shows that our family location was County Donegal in Ireland. So .... the larger part of me is German, Polish, and Slovak. There's even a tiny bit of Jewish mixed in. I have been to Germany but not the other countries.

I have been to several States in the US and fell in love with the Tetons in the early 70's. I thought I'd like to retire in Wyoming so I could view them everyday. I've also been in several countries in Europe. I've walked on the Great Wall of China, visited Mao Tse Tung's Mausoleum, seen the Terracota Warriors in Xian, had Dim Sum in Hongkong. I would have liked to travel to more places in the world but finances prohibited it.

I'd like to take a riverboat cruise on the Ohio River, and also see the Ark in Kentucky. These are probably more doable for me than world travel.

Well dream on .....
Invisible​(sub female)
Invisible​(sub female) • Jan 4, 2024
IF I get the permits, I'll be backpacking in Yosemite next fall.
And and another meet up with my Master 🙂

If I don't get the permits - well...
why be that negative?
SnowMinx​(sub female){Owned}
Invisible wrote:

why be that negative?

Pick me up? I wanna go backpacking too 😍
Varangian​(dom male)
Varangian​(dom male) • Jan 4, 2024
Invisible wrote:

why be that negative?

You need permits to backpack in Yosemite?
I apologize Smokey I did not know.
Miki
3 months ago • Jan 5, 2024
Miki • Jan 5, 2024
I return from a work-related trip out to the West Coast on Friday, 1/5. Hopefully that's it for Travel '24.

Not big on being in strange paces with stranger people.
insubordinate​(sub male)
3 months ago • Jan 5, 2024
insubordinate​(sub male) • Jan 5, 2024
Do a tour of Kentucky, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma and perhaps Missouri and Illinois as well...seen the coastal states on both sides and the northern and southern ones, but the middle is a bit absent....pictures, sample the food, meet the people...have fun...