Online now
Online now

Calling All Collectors ?

SnowMinx​(sub female){Owned}
3 months ago • Jan 4, 2024

Calling All Collectors 👀

Do you collect something? Maybe its for memories or some sentimental reason. My Baba used to collect spoons, so many decorative spoons on the walls. Maybe figurines, dolls, model cars, broken down vehicles? Maybe cats, coins, comic books? Baseball cards? I feel like women may tend to collect more objects than men, but prove me wrong?

And nope, collecting submissives doesnt count 😅

I collect:
~ a small container of sand and seashells from every beach I've been too (cuz memories)
~ stuffed llamas (cuz they are adorable)
Steellover​(sub male)
3 months ago • Jan 5, 2024
Steellover​(sub male) • Jan 5, 2024
I go out and hunt rocks, which doesnt sound that interesting at first...except with me it's agates, crystals, and mineral specimens.

There are plenty of opportunities to do this in southern Idaho and eastern Oregon, and it's fun to go out, walk around, and take home something interesting and pretty with you. I've amassed quite a collection over the years. Some of them, I tumble polish, and many of them I'll slice (To better see the banding and patterns on the inside) and in a few cases I've even had pendants and necklaces made from the agates and crystals I've found over the years, and there have been a few lucky recipiants of these gifts.
insubordinate​(sub male)
insubordinate​(sub male) • Jan 5, 2024
Photographs and Memories...love to travel and capture images that speak to me from the area or place I am in.

Or as Jim Croce put it:

But we sure had a good time
When we started way back when
Morning walks and bedroom talks
Oh, how I loved you then...
Heero​(dom male)

Re: Calling All Collectors 👀

Heero​(dom male) • Jan 5, 2024
Well, actually, I'm glad you asked, because I happen to colle-

SnowMinx wrote:

And nope, collecting submissives doesnt count 😅

Well damn 😅(*)

Er, ok. Well, I started a collection, but it's not going well.

Hats! (caps)

So I want to visit all the national parks in the US, late addition to the bucket list. And on a whim I got the idea that whenever I travel to one, I'd get a cap from the gift store there that has the name of the park on it. So the hats will tell all the national parks I've been to. I've lost the first three that I got, so the collection is NOT going well. It's very suspicious, because i very rarely ever lose anything. It makes me feel like some foul play is afoot. But who'd want to steal my hats??

(*) it's a joke. Don't look at me like that.
Heero​(dom male)
Steellover wrote:
I go out and hunt rocks, which doesnt sound that interesting at first...except with me it's agates, crystals, and mineral specimens.

There are plenty of opportunities to do this in southern Idaho and eastern Oregon, and it's fun to go out, walk around, and take home something interesting and pretty with you. I've amassed quite a collection over the years. Some of them, I tumble polish, and many of them I'll slice (To better see the banding and patterns on the inside) and in a few cases I've even had pendants and necklaces made from the agates and crystals I've found over the years, and there have been a few lucky recipiants of these gifts.
I've done this once! I won't make a habit out of it. But when I went to parks in South Dakota, they had very interesting rocks, and I took some. I even saw the sparkly ones that they make glitter from. I forget what they're called. But I also found a lot of different crystals, the kinds you'll see for sale in a crystal store.
Heero​(dom male)
insubordinate wrote:
Photographs and Memories...love to travel and capture images that speak to me from the area or place I am in.

Or as Jim Croce put it:

But we sure had a good time
When we started way back when
Morning walks and bedroom talks
Oh, how I loved you then...
That's my mom, she's ALL about photographs. And of course, this was pre-digital age, so she has tons of physical photo albums with family photos in 'em.
shebakesalot​(sub female)
shebakesalot​(sub female) • Jan 5, 2024
I collect plants...? haha Though I haven't added any new ones lately, BUT haven't killed off any either! Ooh! I collect cookbooks (mostly baking, obvi). And then Christmas ornaments from places I've traveled to or friends/family will get one for me when they travel.
    The most loved post in topic
SnowMinx​(sub female){Owned}
@Heero ~ I love the hat idea! I bet it's special when you get out the old photo albums and everyone reminisces 🥰
@shebakes ~ i know who to come to for plant help now!
@Steellover ~ that's amazing, you should show us some in your blog icon_smile.gif
@whatamifightingfor ~ I've heard trains can get super expensive
WhatamIfightingfor​(dom male)
You are right Snowminx toy train sure can be expensive. From collectors who over charge so they don't sell, because they really don't want to part with their trains. People who see Lionel or some other brand and instantly see big money. The new stuff is so full of gadgets and stuff that it costs a lot, because the used market is flooded to the brim with old better made products. The internet is all over the place on pricing and mostly artificially drives it up. I have found in person, and away from the big sellers prices tend to be far better. Then apart from few things I have all I want. Then there are some things that are just expensive because people want them. For example Spokane Portland and Seattle anything, it was a very loved railroad in the pacific Northwest, and that means it is not made as much by the big east coast toy train former manufacturers now, middle men, who focus more on where they live.

Oh, and never use beach sand for ballast on toy trains , it just turns out terrible, tried when I was 10, never again.