Online now
Online now

The Importance of Patience in BDSM Dynamics

theflyingdutchmanDom​(dom male)
3 months ago • Jan 9, 2024

The Importance of Patience in BDSM Dynamics

In my years as a Dom, I’ve found patience to be one of the most crucial aspects. Rushing a sub or a scene can lead to mistakes and discomfort. How do you all practice patience in your dynamics?”
Cognizant​(sadist male)
3 months ago • Jan 10, 2024
Cognizant​(sadist male) • Jan 10, 2024
I tend to overshare, thinking that by providing more information or a more thorough negotiation I am being helpful. Those that don't know me well tend to take it as a negative. . .like grooming or mansplaining. . .and sadly I am often oblivious to seeing it that way.

My recent experience leads me to believe I need to become quicker on the draw, more aggressive in pursuing physical contact soon after meeting and only need a quick negotiation and short limited scene. . . . .then if successful, can move into something more in depth and time consuming. I suppose "hook up" culture has some influence here.

As far as waiting for a less experienced partner to come up to my level - I've always let them set the pace and target as to which limits get pushed and when. . .of course, I can offer suggestions. . .but inevitably it's up to her.
silentnotes​(sub female){Looking }
3 months ago • Jan 10, 2024
I personally like it when someone is very communicative, I went through some pretty rough things and patience is something that is crucial to me. I am genuinely a patient person and like when things develop naturally and slow, which can be frustrating for others at times, but I feel comfortable with taking things slow and talking a lot and just getting to know someone as a person
Bunnie
3 months ago • Jan 11, 2024
Bunnie • Jan 11, 2024
A recent shift in mindset has had me focusing more on the journey or the moment or the experience, rather than the outcome. I think in a way this has naturally created patience because I’m not steamrolling towards “the finish line” (an expected/desired outcome)… be it within the context of an encounter, a scene, a relationship, or my own inner journey. This also seems to have calmed my anxiety a lot as well.
I’ve kind of come to realise that the magic is in the little moments.
    The most loved post in topic