Online now
Online now

Writing vs phone vs chat

TopekaDom​(dom male)
3 months ago • Jan 15, 2024
TopekaDom​(dom male) • Jan 15, 2024
DoseofCam wrote:
What is email? šŸ˜‚

Email is the caveman ancestor of txting.
jack bradds
3 months ago • Jan 16, 2024
jack bradds • Jan 16, 2024
Heyyyy how are you Iā€™m a sub and looking for a dom male
happygigi​(dom female)
3 months ago • Jan 17, 2024
happygigi​(dom female) • Jan 17, 2024
Love this question!

For me, it depends on who the person.

Acquaintance? I stick with messaging/chatting on whatever website we both frequent.

Potential partner? A good friend?
When we aren't able to meet up, I like to use telegram and talking on the phone.

Instant messaging/chat is as close to talking on the phone as you can get while being able to do other things at the same time.
Nice for just casual chatting and keeping up with each other throughout the day.

Phone calls are something I like to do at least once a week. I love chatting on the phone. It's a time we set aside to give each other undivided attention if we're not able to meet up. No other distractions or multitasking.

In regards to potential partners, I like to speak on the phone a time or two before meeting up in person for the first time.
You get a better feel for the back and forth flow of how you'll communicate with each other face to face.
Especially when getting to know one another before kink comes into the picture.

I know it's comforting to able to spellcheck and ponder responses and tweak things before sending, but those kinds of messages and conversations always start to feel a bit stilted to me. There isn't the same organic flow as when you're in person or on the phone.

Thanks for the fun topic. Love to see your posts! : )
Miki
3 months ago • Jan 17, 2024
Miki • Jan 17, 2024
No emails / PMs work best for me. The on;y way, actually, as more than a few in here know I can't talk. Not that I write to a lot of people. They come and go once the topics dry up.