Online now
Online now

Anyone tried opaque contact lenses?

The Number one Sir​(dom male)
4 months ago • Jan 15, 2024

Anyone tried opaque contact lenses?

Maybe I'm slow but just discovered these; intrigued by the idea of opaque lenses making a sub essentially blind.

I can think of lots of different delicious ways to use them; maybe combined with hand binding so the sub can't remove them. Having her put them in in public at certain locations; perhaps hiding her favorite toys somewhere in the house and she has to search for them if she wants to play.

Anyone used them before?
Miki
3 months ago • Jan 27, 2024
Miki • Jan 27, 2024
I never heard of those until now, but I suppose they'll make / sell anything.

Well, in order to deploy those, one finds oneself sticking their fingers in said sub'e eyes with the things and hold each eye open with the other hand to avoid the blink reflex.

If I were a sub I would find it difficult to be on-board with that.

Blindfolds are easier to use and especially when combined with hands tied behind the back, sexier for a dominant to behold.

But that's just my opinion.

[I've been celibate a number of years and before that, not a sub just a sexual maso-girl / kinkster so my input is of limited value.]

So that's my 1 cent's worth.
    The most loved post in topic
aradialspire​(dom femme)
aradialspire​(dom femme) • Jan 27, 2024
If you do go down this route I would STRONGLY urge you to have your sub have a contact lens exam and have these lenses fitted for her. Some people have allergies, issues with their eyelids, stuff they don't even know about, that may make them completely unsuitable for wearing lenses even for short periods. The opaque lenses are sometimes quite rigid and may to cover a large surface of the eye, and when worn for theatrical purposes are fitted by an optometrist or ophthalmologist to reduce any risk of injury to the eye. Don't just buy this off Aliexpress!

If you and your partner are really interested in this kind of thing, and want a SAFER option, (and your eye doctor is down to clown, lol), there is something called an occluding lens. Either way though, if anything happens your partner will be an established patient and will be able to be seen if anything arises and you'll be able to be treated quickly!
Miki
Miki • Jan 27, 2024
@aradialspire:

Thank you for your post. I totaly didn't think of that.

I tried normal contacts decades ago, when I was 20 or so anyway, and they sucked. Those infernal things frosted my ass. All that damned blinking, eye drops, trying to pop them out for overnight soaking--- all that happy horseshit; ---------- I stopped using them after I used them up (soft, throaway lenses) and went back to glasses, which I only need for reading small print anyway.)

As it's too late for me to edit my earlier post I'll adjust my response here:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMHO and "after further review", it's a patently lousy idea.

Blindfolds will accomplish the same thing-- make her stumble around trying to find her toys, barking her shins on coffee tables, bumping into walls-- gnarly crap like that... One guffaw after another-- without endangering the health of her eyes.

And should she be on board with this idea, it will be a hoot to approach an opthamologist and tell them you're a twisted twosome and want her fitted with opaque lenses -- and hope the eye dude (or woman) doesn't throw you out of the office--- or you can save face and lie through optional teeth and tell the doc it is "for theatrical purposes"

....but no matter how you slice the bread... it's gonna cost you some serious bread for all that.

I can't say from experience but not-necessary-for-vision-correction contact fittings and any follow-up services that might be needed thereafter does not seem to me to be anything covered by vision care insurance.

As always, that's strictly my opinion.

If you're both down with this opaque contact business , just do it the right way.

Those are the only eyes she'll ever have.
TwinkleEyes
TwinkleEyes • Jan 27, 2024
https://scottpauldesigns.com/product/one-way-magic-blindfold/

This is a safer option. I love m’y blindfolds from here. Versatile, comfortable, non-damaging, and work so that the wearer cannot see.

Damage to the eyes often cause lens replacements. That’s not fun, very painful, and expensive.

⭐️
lambsone
lambsone • Jan 27, 2024
My thought would be regarding safety if an emergency arises with you. For instance if you pass out, she won't be able to see it. Nor get the lenses out of her eyes in order to help you. If her hands are tied, that would also make it impossible to help you. At least with a blindfold, she'd be able to rub up against something and get it off.

If you do try this out, maybe have someone else in the room with you so that they can assist you and free her if something happens to you. Delays can be dangerous in some emergency situations.

Just something to think about.
reticent​(sub female)
reticent​(sub female) • Jan 27, 2024
I haven't, I've wanted to try them for yeeeeears though. They exist mostly for theatre if I remember correctly. Movies an stuff to white out pupils.
reticent​(sub female)
reticent​(sub female) • Jan 27, 2024
lambsone wrote:
My thought would be regarding safety if an emergency arises with you. For instance if you pass out, she won't be able to see it. Nor get the lenses out of her eyes in order to help you. If her hands are tied, that would also make it impossible to help you. At least with a blindfold, she'd be able to rub up against something and get it off.

If you do try this out, maybe have someone else in the room with you so that they can assist you and free her if something happens to you. Delays can be dangerous in some emergency situations.

Just something to think about.

Those dangers are part of every bondage scene ever unless you're using velcro cuffs or something. Opaque lenses don't make a difference. By that logic every bdsm scene that involves more than pretend bondage should have a 3rd party, or lifeguard so to speak, in the room.
Miki
3 months ago • Jan 28, 2024
Miki • Jan 28, 2024
... or at least someone designated to check in or check on either of the participants if bondage is involved. Could be as simple as a call to the dominant to make sure all is going / went well.

-------------------------------------------------------

Another option would be a "life call" rig in the house or room. Y'know... the one with the now famous "I've fallen and I can't get up!" lady.

***In this case "My dominant blotted my eyeballs and tied me up. He fell and won't get up!"*** (JK) Of course all one need do with one of those rigs is "I need help!" --- [except for those like me who can't talk. Fortunately I don't play any more.] But any others in my situation there are other ways to call for assistance.

But the gist of all this is that for those inclined to do the opaque contact lens thing... do it carefully.
lambsone
3 months ago • Jan 28, 2024
lambsone • Jan 28, 2024
The point I was trying to make reticent was that she couldn't get the lenses out of her eyes if something happened to her partner, but with a blindfold she has ways to get it off quickly to see the emergency situation. That's all.

Yes I agree with you that every BDSM activity has dangers associated with it but part of the precaution of the activity, is to be prepared to stop whatever you're doing, in a timely manner if the danger presents itself.

The old saying "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure ", can apply to this. So it doesn't hurt to think of as many situations as possible for a particular activity. I was just presenting something to think about.