Online now
Online now

Blank Profiles

ReanaP​(sub female)
1 month ago • Mar 17, 2024
ReanaP​(sub female) • Mar 17, 2024
GiannaRay wrote:
ReanaP wrote:
Can I clarify, is the post aimed for blank profiles in general, or blank profiles which send messages?

My reply was from the point of view -people who have sent me messages. So these frequent cases were definitely from people who weren’t here just to read.

That's what if assume, for profiles that are here to just read then fair play, but if they're actively reaching out, then the first message I will say if I do respond, so what would say to fill our your profile
"You have a lot of knowledge on me, however I have nothing from you"
MadPoet
MadPoet • Mar 17, 2024
ReanaP wrote:
GiannaRay wrote:
ReanaP wrote:
Can I clarify, is the post aimed for blank profiles in general, or blank profiles which send messages?

My reply was from the point of view -people who have sent me messages. So these frequent cases were definitely from people who weren’t here just to read.

That's what if assume, for profiles that are here to just read then fair play, but if they're actively reaching out, then the first message I will say if I do respond, so what would say to fill our your profile
"You have a lot of knowledge on me, however I have nothing from you"

A full profile with all the details can be also deceiving, because it’s super easy write stuff just to fulfill someone else’s needs, dreams, desires, fantasies, etc and lure them to you, how can you be so sure that what you’re reading from some profile is actually true?

People tend to direct their interest into what fits their preconceived beliefs, ideas and dogmas, what make you believe that in most of this sites that’s not the case ?
tallslenderguy​(other male)
The truth is, idk. The imagination can run wild, but it's conjecture based on how i'm feeling and where i'm at at the time.

my most generous response is the person may just be here to look, but from there my feelings and thoughts usually go down hill lol.

If someone tries to engage with me, writes me a message, the first thing i do is go to their profile. If the message is short or non-descript and their profile is blank, or virtually so, the person is essentially 'blank' to me as well. If one presents as invisible, anything else is speculation.

To me, worse than blank, is a profile with words but no real content. Profiles that say nothing to distinguish a persons individuality are just a blur to me. One of my favorites is a profile where someone states they are "seeking ltr," or their "soulmate," or "the love of my life," and then writes: "if interested, contact me."
hopster​(dom male)
hopster​(dom male) • Mar 17, 2024
Not a fan of blank profiles either. I agree with most of the above comments i.e. laziness, something to hide, not serious, fake are all possibilities.

I also send a quick message saying "welcome but you'll get a much better response if you say something about yourself". Some respond positively, others don't.
TwinkleEyes
TwinkleEyes • Mar 17, 2024
tallslenderguy wrote:
The truth is, idk. The imagination can run wild, but it's conjecture based on how i'm feeling and where i'm at at the time.

my most generous response is the person may just be here to look, but from there my feelings and thoughts usually go down hill lol.

If someone tries to engage with me, writes me a message, the first thing i do is go to their profile. If the message is short or non-descript and their profile is blank, or virtually so, the person is essentially 'blank' to me as well. If one presents as invisible, anything else is speculation.

To me, worse than blank, is a profile with words but no real content. Profiles that say nothing to distinguish a persons individuality are just a blur to me. One of my favorites is a profile where someone states they are "seeking ltr," or their "soulmate," or "the love of my life," and then writes: "if interested, contact me."

All good points. I dont read the profiles that are novels. Talking directly with others is how I get to know someone and will share myself at a pace that makes me feel safe. I appreciate you sharing your viewpoint it has given me something to ponder on the subject.

I originally posted this because of an interaction with someone with a blank profile and only a BDSM list. During our conversation I asked about his curiosity in sissification among other things. After he down graded as he will do it if asked along with 2 other things. At first I thought he’s just embarrassed about wanting to go this route with cis born young men. However when I got answers back to questions that were word for word from a previous member I got to wondering. The previous member admittedly wrote a blog about how he had done wrong by some female members. Then deactivated their account.

I myself have had 3 profiles over about 7 years. The 1st is still here somewhere but I no longer have access to it. Then I took a 2 year break. The last one I had to get rid of due for my safety. There are many reasons we members open and close profiles and have them written certain ways. I’ve learned to ask the community because I still have much to learn.
Sweet Ginger​(sub female){}
I don't read profiles or blogs that are "novels" then again, if I'm really interested and or I feel drawn into content/topic/individual, then I'll keep reading..

Aa for blank profiles that contact me, I don't respond, especially if they've been here for a year of more and still haven't filled out their profile.
Miki
1 month ago • Mar 18, 2024
Miki • Mar 18, 2024
Thin profile, by design. Basic info on who is behind my forum posts. As I'm Not Looking readers of the profile can feel free to engage (platonically) or move on to the next target. Literally, "That's all she wrote"
bonheurdujour
bonheurdujour • Mar 18, 2024
I have a mostly empty profile but to be fair, i only reach out to people who ive first talked with in the chatroom and got an invitation to talk to them first.

I agree that completely blank profiles are uninteresting as a person to me. But it's only when there is question of involvement into a conversation or figuring out if i would be interested to know more about them that it matters.

I joined the site to learn more about kinks. That's about it. I don't think that this is a good environnent to find someone to build a online to irl dynamic with. Maybe if i did add more personality into a profile along with where i live I'd run the chance of having better odds at finding someone who i can belong with. But as it im not comfortable with the idea of location.

I like making lists. I forget how i feel about things, and forget about where i even wrote those lists. So a kink list is just convenient. Plus it's an easier format to show what I'm okay with without having to type it myself on a profile as some kind of brick filler. That was the intention anyway.

I suck at making profiles. Because i dont know what to add in them, and because of a lack of interest in making intros in general. I've come to the conclusion that a profile depends on what you want to use it for, and what kind of information you want to relay.
Other people will come up with their own interpretation regardless of the level of information. It's how the brain is meant to work.
It just makes more sense to me to condemn behaviour than information or lack thereof that has nothing to do with me to begin with.
Miki
Miki • Mar 18, 2024
bonheurdujour wrote:
I joined the site to learn more about kinks. That's about it. I don't think that this is a good environnent to find someone to build a online to irl dynamic with. Maybe if i did add more personality into a profile along with where i live I'd run the chance of having better odds at finding someone who i can belong with. But as it im not comfortable with the idea of location.

I like making lists. I forget how i feel about things, and forget about where i even wrote those lists. So a kink list is just convenient. Plus it's an easier format to show what I'm okay with without having to type it myself on a profile as some kind of brick filler. That was the intention anyway.

I suck at making profiles. Because i dont know what to add in them, and because of a lack of interest in making intros in general. I've come to the conclusion that a profile depends on what you want to use it for, and what kind of information you want to relay.
Other people will come up with their own interpretation regardless of the level of information. It's how the brain is meant to work.
It just makes more sense to me to condemn behaviour than information or lack thereof that has nothing to do with me to begin with.

(Quote abbreviated for relevance to a specific point)

Bingo!

Not just this place but Online in general. You most often run into someone of interest only to find out they live in Bear's Ass Oregon (which for me is clear across the country) or overseas in Slabobia or whatever and hypothetically speaking if I were inclined to relationships, I would not be down with relocating--- nor would I want or expect Mr. X (Or Ms, if she swings a good whip), to relocate to me, and long distance "hop a plane" relationships often don't work because, well, staying in touch amid a busy day-in-the-life gets to be a chore / habit and there's always the risk of either myself or Mister X getting distracted by eye candy which is local and accessible in person pretty much instantly.

The profile "template" offered here helps but same with me. I hate writing those damned things. Right up there with some of those thought exercises I read about where one writes their own obituary, or more cheerfully, writes a letter to their younger (or future) self.

And... I make lists all the time. Helps me be better-organized as, I'm sure comes as a shock to all who read this) I'm a bit scatter-brained at times.