Online now
Online now

Low effort messages from dudes

autisticbarbie
2 weeks ago • May 1, 2024

Low effort messages from dudes

autisticbarbie • May 1, 2024
do you send one liners and get kind replies from the ladies here? It chaps my ass when ppl send me form messages
MisterAshmodai​(dom male)
MisterAshmodai​(dom male) • May 1, 2024
As a rule, I usually send messages that reflect the effort the intended recipient put into their profile.

With that said, I usually prefer to send longer, individualized, and thoughtful messages. Despite this, I usually get one response in ten sent.

Online dating sucks.
    The most loved post in topic
Miki
Miki • May 1, 2024
I prefer what some might perceive to be low-effort responses.

My profile is deliberately thin so as to make sure none think I'm anything other than Not Looking for anything beyond casual messages and to post on whichever of these threads I feel I can contribute to. I deeply appreciate like brevity in any messages that cross my digital desk in here.

I like messages that are "current with the times" as in what's going on "today" or "this week--- month even as opposed to unsolicited biographies.

But that's Just Me.

--To those who prefer to be succinct, you got a fan here.
autisticbarbie
autisticbarbie • May 1, 2024
Miki wrote:
I prefer what some might perceive to be low-effort responses.

My profile is deliberately thin so as to make sure none think I'm anything other than Not Looking for anything beyond casual messages and to post on whichever of these threads I feel I can contribute to. I deeply appreciate like brevity in any messages that cross my digital desk in here.

I like messages that are "current with the times" as in what's going on "today" or "this week--- month even as opposed to unsolicited biographies.

But that's Just Me.

--To those who prefer to be succinct, you got a fan here.

Pick me then. Still pick me now.
antihero​(dom male)
antihero​(dom male) • May 1, 2024
I usually like to read people's profiles and send messages that reflect that. I don't like to be super low effort, nor super try hard by the same vein.
Solace​(dom male)
Solace​(dom male) • May 1, 2024
"Dudes" get low effort from ladies in the form of no response. It's a fair relationship in that regard.

I can count on one hand the number of messages from ladies which seemed to have genuine thought behind their introductions.

I don't read into it either way. It's an invitation to talk and the receiver decides.
farashacaveluv
farashacaveluv • May 1, 2024
I haven't reached out to anyone directly on here myself but I have gotten a few messages from others. Only one gal. Mainly from dudes and I'm like...I already have two men in my life and two women. Can I not just make friends on here for community? Some have been respectful, but others just assume that one day I'll see how great of a dom they are or whatever. I will only sub to one man and he's in my life already. Not gonna happen. Lol. Form letters are not good though. If one was to try and find a romantic match on here it should be more personal and respectful.
Oneironaut L​(dom male)
Oneironaut L​(dom male) • May 1, 2024
Solace wrote:
"Dudes" get low effort from ladies in the form of no response. It's a fair relationship in that regard.

I can count on one hand the number of messages from ladies which seemed to have genuine thought behind their introductions.

I don't read into it either way. It's an invitation to talk and the receiver decides.

The downsides of meeting people online unfortunately. I try to send something personalized when I reach out but I don't usually go beyond a paragraph or so. The usual response is... No response. I know that some people rage at you even if you send a polite rejection so it doesn't bother me if others don't want to risk that. I also get how some people don't see the point in putting much effort and just go for a quantity over quality approach though. Who knows, hard to really read people from behind my screen.
RoseUndressed​(sub female)
Oneironaut L wrote:
I know that some people rage at you even if you send a polite rejection so it doesn't bother me if others don't want to risk that.

Just this.

I often find the less effort someone puts into messaging me, the quicker it turns to aggression when I state I'm not looking for a Dom (clearly says in my profile I'm looking for conversation only) or when I don't respond.

The lack of effort doesn't offend me - or anger me. I've just, over time, learnt to completely disregard and ignore people who can't message me with something more considered. After all, if someone can't read a profile, we're probably not going to get along when I spend half my life with a book in hand and the other with a pen.