Online now
Online now

Mental tools for brain blocks

FlitterFly​(sub female)
2 days ago • Apr 24, 2024
FlitterFly​(sub female) • Apr 24, 2024
Varangian wrote:
Several dozen orgasms could help clear the blockage, if not you’ll still feel good.

I 💯 % agree this has got to be the best way to unblock anything. 🙌 hands down. ✋️
A full proof cure all.
Literate Lycan​(dom male)
1 week ago • Apr 15, 2024
Literate Lycan​(dom male) • Apr 15, 2024
When you pound the wall to get through sometimes you simply have to turn to see the door.

If your mind is to intent upon finding an answer, you will lock yourself in place. So like the responses above, take a breather, make a cup of tea, and do something completely different either mentally or physically. Music and nature - take a hike or walk; a hard workout of the body (I simply head to the dojo and practice until I'm exhausted and the answers find me); have a relaxed conversation with a trusted source who might give perspective (you don't have to do it alone and sometimes in good conversations we relax and enjoy). Once your mind relaxes you'll have a different perspective.

Good luck!
Bunnie
Bunnie • Apr 15, 2024
I write. Not for others, but to simply get my thoughts out so I can observe them and make sense of them.
Miki
Miki • Apr 15, 2024
I only want to know where to look to find out what this is.

Never experienced it in this (BDSM) setting.. Writer's block, sure but it's probably a whole different thing.....

There have been more than this kind of post recently.. to me somewhat ecletic. Nothing wrong with that but that's why I ask, in heretofore dulcet "tones"

"WTF Is This?"
TranquilStorm
1 week ago • Apr 14, 2024
TranquilStorm • Apr 14, 2024
With respect to mental blocks and self discovery, for me a few things that worked were:

- Be realistic with your goals and don't have unreasonable expectations/be too hard on yourself.
- Try out your ideas instead of being stuck with what-ifs. Usually the start is the hardest. So personally I try to establish routines (alone or with friends who share similar goals).
- Travel and don't think about it for a few weeks. Might be you reassess things differently after a time out.
- Do a retreat. I have no personal experience with this and it isn't my cup of tea. However, several friends of mine did it (independently) and told me it was tough but awesome. Basically you go on meditation for a week. Usually it is a silent retreat, so you don't talk and also no mobile/internet. There are legid and safe places organzing it without anyone trying to catch your soul. Still, do your research/homework.
Varangian​(sadist male)
1 week ago • Apr 14, 2024
Varangian​(sadist male) • Apr 14, 2024
I find it easier to not focus on the block itself, I find that doing something with my hands like vacuuming or building something that my main focus is on what I’m doing but in the back of my mind I’m thinking about the block and what’s causing it. If that doesn’t help a long hot shower letting the spray hit the back of your head blocking everything out seems to help also.
Good luck.
    The most loved post in topic
milla​(sub female)
1 week ago • Apr 13, 2024

Mental tools for brain blocks

milla​(sub female) • Apr 13, 2024
I've been on a bit of self-discovery journey the last years, but now I have been stuck for a while sorting the impressions and thoughts. Basically need to organize them and build them into a whole I think, but there might be a totally different approach to this too of course.

I was wondering if some wise souls out there had some suggestions on how you move past mental blocks like this. Tools or books that have been helpful in your own or others life would be helpful.

Thank you in advance. ☺️

/m