Online now
Online now

New Term Possibility:

TopekaDom​(dom male)
1 month ago • Jul 13, 2024

New Term Possibility:

TopekaDom​(dom male) • Jul 13, 2024
So in discussing things with a new friend, I came up with a term. Now given I am an Old School fart and change is amazingly hard for me, but this one seems fun.

So this new friend is under consideration for a New Master. I have never really liked that term, but to each their own. While speaking with them online, the words:

Promised Property

came out of the fingers. This has a nifty ring to it and seems to convey the idea across.

What do you all think?
shebakesalot​(sub female)
shebakesalot​(sub female) • Jul 13, 2024
So Promised Property meaning someone is under consideration...? Eh. Too dowry sounding for me 😂 (But on a serious note, in this context, it makes sense)
Sweetlydepraved​(masochist female){Owned}
I never understood the under consideration thing anyway. It always gave me the creeps, is it like high school cheerleading try outs or something? What exactly is being considered, obedience maybe? But that doesn’t track because obedience isn’t just something you have, it has to be taught. I’m still learning after almost 3 years. And if the D is transparent about what they’re evaluating, how do you know the sub isn’t just playing along until said observation period is over?

Promised Property makes more sense to me. To me that says “We’re both making a commitment to do our best to be worthy of each other” whereas under consideration says, to me, “I have a check list and if you don’t check the boxes I’m not interested.”
    The most loved post in topic
TopekaDom​(dom male)
shebakesalot wrote:
So Promised Property meaning someone is under consideration...? Eh. Too dowry sounding for me 😂 (But on a serious note, in this context, it makes sense)

To me, it was more like a promise ring, (which I also have problems with) but the idea of a dowry is interesting. I may have to think on that some.
vv V vv​(sadist male)
vv V vv​(sadist male) • Jul 13, 2024
Promised Property sounds like Grandma is headed for the long dirt nap and leaving you the farm in her will.
SageFlame​(sub female)
SageFlame​(sub female) • Jul 13, 2024
Promised Property - a waiting period?
To each their own. Terms and meanings are in constant change anyway. Just remember the abbreviation would be PP.
TopekaDom​(dom male)
SageFlame wrote:
Just remember the abbreviation would be PP.

You say that like it is a bad thing 🤣
DoseofCam​(sub female){Collared}
1 month ago • Jul 14, 2024
Promised property sounds cute, but it might be too vague. People might think it’s like a promise ring where in the end they expect to get engaged. 🤷🏽‍♀️

What under consideration means to me is if both parties would like to be in a D/s relationship with each other, and they are just trying to see if they are compatible

I also think it’s a pretty good way to see who’s in it frfr and who are the fakes. Also if your way of Dominance/submission fits together.
Sweet Minx​(sub female)
1 month ago • Jul 14, 2024
Sweet Minx​(sub female) • Jul 14, 2024
Ive never done the under consideration thing either. I'm not really crazy about it. It kinda feels like a test run. I can see the benefits of figuring out compatibility but idk...

P..S. kind of the same topic but I also don't understand when Doms say the sub should put their name/taken/owned in their profile but the Dom doesn't change his. Huh, why?