Online now
Online now

UPDATE: Chat Room Counter

Villanelle​(staff)
5 years ago • Oct 9, 2018

UPDATE: Chat Room Counter

Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 9, 2018
Some of you may have noticed that the chat counter is no longer visible. We appreciate this change might be a bit challenging but we feel it makes sense as the site continues to grow. Chat is now active almost 24/7 and showing the current number of chatters can work against increasing chat engagement. We strongly believe that the chat will be busier and more active during longer hours if people flow in and out naturally without considering how many people might be there to greet them as they come in. Consider the case there’s nobody in the chat but 10 different people are avoiding trying it out because it’s quiet. This situation happens from time to time throughout the day. So our motivation for removing the counter is to encourage MORE of you to look in and engage in our live chats.

We are continuing to work towards improving the site and your experience here. Keep the feedback coming and please let us know if you experience any problems. Just a reminder we have a dedicated suggestion thread here:

https://thecage.co/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=684
Phanes​(dom male)
5 years ago • Oct 9, 2018
Phanes​(dom male) • Oct 9, 2018
The following is My opinion toward this subject and I respectfully disagree with the assessment on the usefulness of this counter. I respect all those on this site who work so hard to make O/our experiences more enjoyable and their decisions regarding changes to further that goal; however as a long time kinkster on this site, I feel the need to speak up on My experiences on it and what I know what enhances the experience for Me as I spend time on it. Many have voiced their own opinion on this subject and I just ask that you kinkster voice your own opinion. This posting is not to slight anyone's hard work on this site; just to foster input by others.

Eva, thanks for your prompt response, but I happen to disagree with your assessment regarding the chat room counter. I and others have expressed confusion concerning this subject. We all felt it as a useful tool to see how many people were in the room at any given time in determining whether it not to enter it . It's become a frustrating issue going in there only to find the room empty or the opposite, to our surprise that there are tons of people in there. Having the number shown shows those outside the room that fellow kinksters are getting together and building a close community of friendship and a place to possibly find advice when they feel the need to. I just ask that you and the others to take another look at how truly useful those of us who been on the site as long as some of us have been believe it was a good tool to have. I respect your decision, but this one has been talked about quite often when it disappeared.
    The most loved post in topic
Phanes​(dom male)
5 years ago • Oct 12, 2018
Phanes​(dom male) • Oct 12, 2018
Walks up to the door of the office of those who have painstakingly made this site such an enjoyable one for us to enjoy. Takes a seat just outside of sits down in protest. Calling out through the door, I need my counter I need my counter I need my counter I need my counter I need my counter. I truly believe they are under estimating the importance of having that on the main page. I don't know how many of you do this, but I constantly poke my head in the room looking for chat and only finding one or two people in there day in and day out. It is so discouraging. unhappy face
Phanes​(dom male)
Can I get some love and support from my fellow kinksters in my Endeavors to accomplish this? Show me the love everybody show me the love! Lol
Phanes​(dom male)
I must apologize for my last couple posts. This is what happens when I go into an empty room because I couldn't tell how many people were in there and I have no one else to chat with. You can't leave me unsupervised that long while having someone to chat with and not expect me to get in trouble. Once again I apologize.
Phanes​(dom male)
Going for my last ditch effort. I'm going to count the 10 and then I'm going to hold my breath. 10 9 8 7 6 5... I don't look good in purple just to let you know. 4 3 2 1. If I scare those in this site because of the way I look it's all your fault. Goes to hold my breath.
Phanes​(dom male)
Just as I was about to pass out from holding my breath, a friend of mine came over and hollered at me and told me I best stop now before I lose consciousness. Damn some people one need to take my friend away. Unhappy face temper tantrum over thank you all for putting up with me
Phanes​(dom male)
Opens the door and peeks inside for a moment and then realizes that someone's watching over me and I don't really want to get in any more trouble than I already am. Shuts the door walks away and Promises not to look back again.
SamGuevenne​(dom male)
SamGuevenne​(dom male) • Oct 12, 2018
Hello Phanes. Just letting you know that you're not the only one who pokes their head through the chat room door to see who's there. Stay strong mate.
Villanelle​(staff)
Villanelle​(staff) • Oct 12, 2018
Give it a chance you guys! Help us out and hang out there for a bit too!