Online now
Online now

Is BDSM spiritual for you?

SweetPinkKitten​(sub female)
5 years ago • Feb 14, 2019
Being a spiritual person is synonymous with being a person whose highest priority is to be loving to yourself and others. A spiritual person cares about people, animals and the planet. A spiritual person knows that we are all One, and consciously attempts to honor this Oneness. A spiritual person is a kind person.
Spirituality is nothing whatsoever to do with religion. Therefore we can tend to each other’s spiritual needs, whatever they may be, static or dynamic, medical, holistic, physical and emotional, it’s what we should all be striving for within any loving, caring relationship. If my spiritual needs cannot be recognised by my partner, there’s no way he’s getting any play time with me.
SoulKiss84​(switch female)
5 years ago • Feb 17, 2019
SoulKiss84​(switch female) • Feb 17, 2019
I struggled with the idea of opening up about my faith and spirituality in this arena and reconciling the two within myself, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised and relieved at the openness and respect of the other members here. I personally believe in God and have been involved in the church most of my life and there are elements of BDSM that nurture and heighten my own spirituality. I am a monogamist, and the relationship I seek is full of trust, intimacy, respect, communication, and openness. I don’t feel like the bond and behaviors between two consenting adults (yes, preferably in marriage) is oppositional to spirituality. God did design sex to be pleasurable and the binding of two souls.
Zaramia​(dom female)
Zaramia​(dom female) • Feb 17, 2019
For me, the practice of faith is based in ritual and human connection. It is a part of who I am, it is how I am, and what I do. It is meditative, restorative, personal. Always an opportunity to grow closer to who I am, and who I want to be, and to those around me, living, dead, and deity.
It would be impossible for me to say that an intense and personal intimate connection was not just that, whether it is in a spiritual, friendship, or BD/sm context.
Livetoplease​(sub male){Available}
I find great personal satisfaction in obedience and servitude. I feel more complete and one day I'd like to be owned and collared with right person. I think it is purely a spiritual thing to humble yourself before another absolutely. To completely surrender. Behind every great dom, there is an obedient, helpful sub.
SimplyJane​(dom female)
5 years ago • Feb 18, 2019
SimplyJane​(dom female) • Feb 18, 2019
Thank you for bringing up this topic because it made me reflect on things .
I am. Buddhist , converted from
Lutheran twenty years ago.
In most of the Buddhist teachings
you hear a lot about cause and effect, karma and taking responsibility. That aligns
perfectly with me as a Domme.
I also think the Buddhist teachings
focuses my mind and relaxes my heart
and leads to a more relaxed mindset.
Livetoplease​(sub male){Available}
5 years ago • Feb 18, 2019
SimplyJane is very wise. Namaste.

The act of submission is purely spiritual to set aside internal pride and to elevate and distinguish another out of a sense of adoration and respect for the Dominate partner. Waking first, preparing the home for the Dom to enjoy ease with coffee made, preparations for the day planned out, and everything done by Dom's quitting time. Dinner either ready or in preparation, and Dom enjoys the evening. Repeat religiously.