Online now
Online now

Bad grammar and butchering a language

quinntori​(sub female)
4 years ago • Jun 17, 2019

Bad grammar and butchering a language

quinntori​(sub female) • Jun 17, 2019
You know, it really gripes me when people cannot get it through their heads...

You converse and have a conversation. Conversate isn’t a damn word!

You dominate someone, as in verb/action. Stop saying, “I am a dominate”. No, you are a dominant. As in noun. I scroll through numerous profiles. I am judging you based solely on the ability to form coherent sentences.

Is it just me or does this chap any one else’s ass, too?
    The most loved post in topic
Performer​(dom male)
4 years ago • Jun 18, 2019
Performer​(dom male) • Jun 18, 2019
I also see the opposite where people write about "dominanting". Dominant is the noun or adjective. Dominate is the verb. I pay close attention to the grammar of subs' and doms' writing as well. If one is not using their native or primary language leway is given. We all make mistakes, but please have the wherewithal to proofread.
quinntori​(sub female)
quinntori​(sub female) • Jun 18, 2019
I agree teacher, one thing I’ve noticed is how the scammers really don’t grasp English syntax. So following my logic, if it’s really bad, I assume you’re probably a scammer and I scroll on.

The other one I get fired up about is then vs than.
ZoomOut
ZoomOut • Jun 18, 2019
I got a weird jumble of misused your/you’re/ur last night. And incoherent babbling
AKittenforSir​(sub female){JohnBond}
Your/you’re and their/there/they’re are huge pet peeves of mine.

I make plenty of typos of my own so I don’t expect perfection, but I do require coherent sentences with punctuation in order to partake in a conversation with someone.
ZoomOut
ZoomOut • Jun 18, 2019
There’s a clearly identifiable difference between honest mistakes/autocorrects and the level of awful being discussed here. 😉
MasterBear​(other butch)
MasterBear​(other butch) • Jun 18, 2019
How can one tell the difference?

I used "dominate " as a referral to myself, it was auto correct, and thank the spirits someone said something.

What I can't stand is illegible.

All the words spelled right and I have no idea what the person is trying to say.
ZoomOut
ZoomOut • Jun 18, 2019
Honestly? I was trying to figure out the dominate vs dominant when referring to a person. I always thought it was dominant when referring to a person and dominate as a verb. But they are so widely used interchangeably on this site and other similar sites that I started wondering if I was oblivious to some commonly accepted lingo.

I’m very good at figuring out meaning when someone follows foreign grammatical rules and don’t judge that. But random word soup and clearly not even trying makes my head hurt.

(Haha. Had to edit because of being autocorrected 😂😂😂)