Online now
Online now

Trump Supporters

Soulweaver​(dom male)
4 years ago • Jul 1, 2019
Soulweaver​(dom male) • Jul 1, 2019
Lotus, I appreciate your sentiment and I truly thank you. However, there are others much more deserving of your gratitude, such as our sisters and brothers that did not return to their families or those that came back with debilitating injuries. I am very fortunate that I did not, but I also served pre-9/11. All gave some, some gave all.
ChillVibes​(sub male)
ChillVibes​(sub male) • Jul 1, 2019
If you know you're not going to get along with someone on that basis, I guess it's best to tell them not to waste their time or yours.
Let's please not try and compare this to forms of real discrimination.
Political affiliation is a choice, like smoking or drinking, if you don't want a smoker or drinker, you're within your rights to say so.
This is not equivalent to excluding people based on race, gender, sex, etc, because these are not choices.
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Jul 1, 2019
A few seconds search online reveals the degree of anti LGBTQ actions in the current US adminstration, but of course thats all fake news.
sweet november​(sub female)
At Dollmaker, he is the first Republican President to recognize LGBT and celebrate Pride month. First Republican President to hold up a gay pride flag.

Huge strides in changing attitudes. It gives me hope.

And hope is sometimes all I've got in this world.

However my point is that if you get to know the individual and why they might have voted the way they did, instead of assuming, some people would find they have more in common than they think.

I didn't post this to try to sway opinions or anything. I posted it because to assume everyone is the same is wrong.

Last edited by * on Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total
RelentlessDomination​(dom male)
What's the big deal? Political differences matter to many people, including me.

So why not be upfront about this? Nobody is being forced to put this in or take this out of their profile. And besides, it could save a lot of pain down the line for some people.

At the end of the day, you're not being forced to contact someone of a different political affiliation, and if someone like that contacts you, then you are fully within your right to ignore him or her.

If someone isn't accosting you with their views ---- their profile simply exists inertly ---- well then it's too damn bad that it ruffles your feathers because you had some wet-behind-the-ears notion that this site ought be isolated from your notions of moral turpitude.

A profile is not an ideological purity test; it's simply a way to connect with new people, then proceed if mutual interest should arise. Don't like how someone mentions something like politics? Then you're free to move on....
My feathers aren't ruffled. I was curious of this trend and saddened to see people lumped together.

Thought we were individual people not defined by assumptions.
RelentlessDomination​(dom male)
sweet november wrote:
My feathers aren't ruffled. I was curious of this trend and saddened to see people lumped together.

Thought we were individual people not defined by assumptions.

And why would you assume that all people lump Trump supporters together? Some do, but some don't. And beyond that, your assumption is that all non-Trump voters are the same: namely, that they all dislike Trump and/or Trump voters for the same reason(s), in which case you'd be doing some broad-brush lumping yourself.

Choice of candidate is a discrete choice which arises from a counting process, while political beliefs arise from a more continuous, measurable process. Reconciling discrete and continuous measurements works nice mathematically, but is not very practical in some domains.

In political science, there the concept of the median voter theorem, in fact, which is of value in understanding this. I would also direct you toward the psychological phenomena of framing and prospect theory, as well, which complicates things.
BrunettePrincess​(sub female)
As I do respect you opinion, I disagree. In my opinion, Trump supports racism (at least insights it). He is incredibly sexist as well. Both things I am NOT looking for my partner to agree with. I believe politics are a reflection of personal value, so I take it seriously.

I am a social studies teacher so thing kind of thing is VERY relevant in my life. If someone supports a man who says “grab her by the pussy” or defends his rape accusations with “she’s not my type” is someone I do NOT want to put my time into.

While I agree you have the right to vote freely, remember we have the right to choose who we are talking to. Also, due to the new wave of radical republicans/Trump supporters some people don’t have the freedom to vote as voter suppression was HUGE recently.

Politics right now are very controversial. I have issues with certain family members because of their views. I looked my mother in the eye and said I was ashamed to be her daughter as she thought these new laws against women’s rights were just. These views are sensitive to some and you must respect that

Again, you may have your views and I will always respect that. But remember others do to and if they choose to not associate with you/others based on those views (which represents who you are) then you have to respect that too
No, I never said the word ALL. I was asking those that have that on their profile.

It was only a recent observation I've seen on some profiles.

I have friends from all over. I've been through far too much in life to assume all people are good or all people are bad.
That's the point.

So I'm not lumping any group together whatsoever.

Just found it sad that some appear to.
BrunettePrincess​(sub female)
Sorry, very passionate about this.

As you said you support anyone and their decisions is something I again wouldn’t be looking for.

I’m a BIG activist and although I have my privilege as a white/middle class women. I will ALWAYS stick up for those who are judged, discriminated against for any reason. My partner will do that same as I’m looking for someone who is respectful of all but will stand up for those being bullied.

Doing nothing and accepting these views is just as horrific as those who are using Trump and his agenda to defend their racist actions. (Please don’t argue as I have a whole list of historical evidence to back up this statement as I only use factual evidence and not opinion)