Online now
Online now

Poly Resources

Bunnie
4 years ago • Oct 11, 2019

Poly Resources

Bunnie • Oct 11, 2019
It’s spoken about so often. Poly versus Monogamy. Always it seems we’re made to feel bad about whichever “side” we’re on.

This is not that thread... so please, if you come here with that mindset... take it elsewhere.

The hope behind this thread is so that those of us who choose this way of life in healthy and fulfilling ways, can share the resources we have found to be useful in helping to navigate the sometimes difficult minefields and pitfalls that can occur when trying to lead an open and honest relationship with more than one person involved...

A book I was introduced to that I have found to be a great resource is called The Ethical Slut. A highly recommended read in my opinion, and a great one to begin with to gain a bit more understanding.

A site I also follow that has been helpful in reading about “real time” experiences and everyday relatable situations is...

https://poly.land/

Thank you in advance to anyone who contributes positively towards sharing any educational information and knowledge icon_biggrin.gif
    The most loved post in topic
Dontcatchbunny​(switch female){Caught}
Hello and what a great topic to bring up, this is something I search for often. Really any circle in which you can discuss things freely can help quite a bit. As we all likely know by now, navigating the turmoil felt when dealing with various aspects of open relationships can effect those involved in a plethora of ways. Not knowing what another meant when they were attempting to communicate CAN BE small comparitively to some deeper connection problems for those in this lifestyle. Misunderstandings and assumptions seem too often to be the reason for issues. Any discontent CAN exponentially be upsetting, even devastating, in establishing and maintaining a relationship where more than one (potential) partner is involved.

I have read handfuls of books regarding relationships and the kink lifestyle with a couple of dozen more at least to go. While another's experiences should not be dismissed I feel they should not likely be seen as a Holy Grail of wisdom. Even if an apparent answer does present itself, it should be analyzed and implemented in appropriate methods to insure you have found a fit for your personal desires as well as those within your polycule.

Janet Hardy and Dossie Easton were where I was recommended to start reading as well when I arrived at this site. I do avidly learn lots through others tales and their lives and I have been trying to convince myself to share more so that others may learn from me as well. For everyday or "real time" experiences I occasionally like to check in on the discord chat Your Kinky Friends titled so after the book created by the author Nicholas Tanek. There I have found another amazing social circle regarding kink outside of the cage. A website exists as well on which you can find interviews, often with Pro Dommes from what I have seen. You can take what knowledge and inspiration applies. Please don't hate me that not every single person in that chat practices polyamory.

If I could post a screenshot I would show how I have used it to vent/confess how I handled what could have been a rocky situation regarding polyamory. I hope that the post I refered to on there does help somebody to feel more confident in themselves and their choices..
Tiffany

https://yourkinkyfriends.com
wynd​(sub female){Not Lookin}
I agree with the ethical slut as great resource.

This website has a good deal of information for people who are new and trying to figure things out.

https://www.morethantwo.com/

This is for when one partner is poly and one is not.
https://www.morethantwo.com/polyformonogamouspeople.html
boofygurl​(sub female){Taken}
I have been doing as much research and reading as I can on Poly/Mono and if they can truly work. My Daddy is poly and I am not. Though Daddy has said many times and reassured me that I am the only little He has right now, that is right now... I do worry about how I will react and what I will say/do when/if the day ever comes where Daddy takes on another little/partner.

Daddy and I have started talk about different rules and boundaries that we want to have in place when/if that day should ever come. The list is ever changing as we are changing and our expectations/needs/wants are evolving and growing.

Thank you all for posting the information that you have. Some of the articles I have read already but some I haven't.