Online now
Online now

Gor

Adam SIN
6 years ago • Dec 10, 2017
Adam SIN • Dec 10, 2017
New and currently trying to learn and understand BDSM and everything else to do with it.So I am curious about Gor lifestyle and the Gorean community.If that counts.
MysticBum​(sub female)
6 years ago • Jan 7, 2018
MysticBum​(sub female) • Jan 7, 2018
The books can be horrid to try and read, Norman was definitely not the best of writers! If you’ve ever heard of Second Life, there are huge communities of Goreans. Spent a number of years on some.
DukeOfPayne​(dom male){Training C}
3 years ago • Feb 21, 2021
I found Normans books interesting from when I was younger. Not so much the stories, apart from Priest Kings being able to snatch beautiful girls from their beds. I found the artwork, usually created by Chris Achilleos and others fabulous and still do

I would definitely go deeper into this scene now knowing more about treating slaves, submissives etc.
House Talion​(dom male)
House Talion​(dom male) • Feb 21, 2021
Tal.
I'm not Gor by trade, but I know their ways fluently. I've been through all the books till Norm got sidetracked, found the PA group too far for me, and anyone else not involved with a group as too much of a dick. I'm still considered a 'white claw' amongst that PA group. So yea your ppl are around, any other questions?
dollMaker​(dom male)
dollMaker​(dom male) • Feb 21, 2021
The books are badly written in my opinion, also a very obvious rip off of John Carter of Mars, very similar in many ways, bar the aspects which they have become notorious for. No consent, awful treatment of women, rampant misogyny, are aspects very much at the heart of the books. I read some of them when I was a teenager, (prefered R E Howard and Mike Moorcock) and as an adult, well on trying to re read, the writing was so poor I had to stop.

I think for those into fantasy and larping, and not taking it too seriously, its an ok basis for some roll play fun, but as a model for an actual lifestyle, not so much, the complete lack of consent for one being a definite issue, among others. I know there are flavours of those into this, those who take it way too seriously - cult like (1), a bit of fantasy rp to spice things up and the aforementioned larp types.

Of course folks into this, who enjoy it, go for it, as long as fully informed reversible consent is in place, but I know its been used as a model to abuse (as have other kink lifestyles) so I worry about the lack of consent that is a very strong element of what Norman wrote about, as well as the obvious misogyny.

What did Gor give us that was good, some cool names, kajira etc, the slave positions, some nice art on the book covers, and for me that's about it. The two 80s films that were made are beyond awful in my opinion, and I have seen them both.

(1) Back in 2006 UK police broke up a Gor Cult (Kaotians) in Darlington. Plenty about it still online, if you do a search.
Virginie​(sub female){lcpw}
I wholeheartedly agree with whatshisname up there. I have seen too many subs/slaves do to themselves and have things done to them as ‘kajiras’ that imo were purely abusive. Even using the words Master/slave when speaking about Gor and the people who take it as a true lifestyle brings on what is to me, an upsetting set of connotations.
    The most loved post in topic