Online now
Online now

Slave trade

evergrey​(sub female){Ashigeru}
6 years ago • Dec 25, 2017
I'm a human trafficking survivor, but I don't object to the term "slave" in BDSM, as it is consensual and means something entirely different. However... titles and epithets are both earned, and not something anyone should be applying to anyone else unless they have consent. Like, don't go up to someone who is listed as a sub and say "hello slave girl, kneel" or any such nonsense.

Around here, in real life, we have an event called "Master's Den" that has "dom dollars." All the doms get a baseline amount of dom dollars. If they want more, they pay money for more. The subs wander about with various cards tied to their wrists, symbolizing what they are willing to negotiate. There is also an auction.

Once, long, long ago, when I was 19 or so, I took part in an IRL "slave auction" at a BDSM club that was, sadly, a very image-oriented place. I was chubby (hah, I'm a lot bigger now) and my clothing wasn't expensive fetwear, so I only had one person bid on me- a complete newbie who knew nothing. I ended up teaching him how to flog. But I and the other woman who got only one bid felt pretty bad about ourselves.

Decided that I wasn't into that kind of devaluation.
Taramafor​(sub male)
6 years ago • Dec 26, 2017
Taramafor​(sub male) • Dec 26, 2017
Seen some sims on Second Life with it. Not too active though. And there's probably a reason for that.

The thing with "slave trading" is that you basically go "This is a stranger, hope things work out". Just like at a place like PAC (basically think of an owner/"pet" sim which is more along the lines of D/s. Different then pet play) it rarely does. It's already hard enough with finding a good fit (or making if you care for each other enough) without already having to pay for it. Unless a dom and a sub hit it off after an exchange, which is likely rare, I don't see it amounting to much.

There is however a "dream" on Furcadia about it. Known as The Golden Tether. You don't spend any real money. There's in game (actually in the dream only) "currency", but most people just make the posts and roleplay things out. All /me things with posts and such. Thought I'd mention it since it's populated and sets the mood for the theme. While not something that is done well in reality (on and offline both) it does nonetheless make for good plot. A nice "starting point". In this example even a way to potentially meet other people. that's about the closest you'll come to the experience. Posted about and roleplayed? Yes. Pretend? Well, some people like to only post (those type of people I avoid) and some actually like to get to know who they're interacting with and have their "actions" have personal meaning as well. though I will point out that the later isn't as common as the former in this case. But still present nonetheless. If that's sparked your interest you might have luck on sites like F-chat and RPR: roleplay repository (google it). You might be able to at least discuss things with someone people in those places if nothing else. With the later try searching for groups. The Golden Tether has a group that has a forum for BDSM talk for example. "Slave trading" being the main theme.