Online now
Online now

24/7 D/s - Fantasy Or Achievable?

Villanelle​(staff)
7 years ago • Aug 15, 2016

24/7 D/s - Fantasy Or Achievable?

Villanelle​(staff) • Aug 15, 2016
The People of Kink podcast recently discussed the concept of 24/7 D/s and whether or not it's achievable.  You can listen to the podcast here:

https://thecage.co/podcasts/#/podcast/91

Do you think 24/7 is possible?  And if it is, is it healthy to maintain the D/s dynamic all the time or can it impact the sub's autonomy and perhaps even mental health?  If you have a 24/7 D/s relationship, how do you keep it healthy?  And if you don't have 24/7, is it because you don't think it's achievable or is it not something you would want?  

Looking forward to your comments!
    The most loved post in topic
explorer​(switch male)
7 years ago • Aug 16, 2016
explorer​(switch male) • Aug 16, 2016
I haven't had a chance to listen to the pod yet so apologies if I duplicate anything that is said.

I don't think it is possible but I'm only speaking from my own limited experience with my wife who I have been in a relationship with for almost 20 years. Perhaps with more partners and experience to fall back on, I may have thought differently. 

I'm not keen on trying to keep it 24/7 as there are so many other 'plates' that need spinning in any relationship, that to focus on that one thing I think will cause problems in the others. But as my wife is only a part-time Domme, then perhaps, a full-time D would tell me different and feel that it could be achieved.

As with many things in life, if you work hard enough at something and you and your partner are ambitious enough to achieve it, then anything is possible icon_smile.gif
Bhruic​(dom male)
7 years ago • Aug 16, 2016
Bhruic​(dom male) • Aug 16, 2016
I think it would be very difficult to maintain a very affected, ceremonial or high protocol D/s dynamic 24 hours a day... but in general I think maintaining the fundament of a D/s relationship 24/7 is very possible. Many people are either dominant or submissive in their intrinsic character, and are that way 24/7 their whole lives in pretty much all parts of their lives, both in and out of relationships... so if you have two such people who come together in a relationship, then being D/s 24/7 is not only achievable, but inevitable.
travelergirl​(sub female)
7 years ago • Sep 1, 2016

24/7

travelergirl​(sub female) • Sep 1, 2016
Yes it can be done. First you need a relationship that goes outside bedroom. Have things in common. I loved with my first master 20 yrs until he passed. On my second two years now. It's not all sex all the time. 
Master Richard
7 years ago • Oct 9, 2016

27/7 D/s - Fantasy or Achievable

Master Richard • Oct 9, 2016
Yes it can be done, it will vary based on your specific relationship, marriage,  children  years together and what point your at in the relationship. I am not saying a relationship which develops into a Master/slave 24/7 live-in relationship means the sub is naked and collared every hour they are home. It means that the honor given and obedience remains at all times even when it cannot be expressed as both may wish. It happens and I have lived it. We were together many years before we developed to Master / slave from Dom/sub and into 24/7. No greater gift can be given than that received by a Dom when one gives themself to you both body and soul.