Online now
Online now

Do you use conventional dating apps?

exploringsubmissive​(sub female)
3 years ago • Sep 25, 2020
I have used OkCupid for a few years now. I've had some very good experiences through it, although my area of the world is a bit more open to kinky people than some others.

I found that saying things like "I'm the s in the D/s helped", because those that know what it means knew right away what I was saying, while those that are completely vanilla would get confused and ask about it. I would explain, because I'm pretty open, and sometimes that led to really interesting conversations, sometimes it led to unmatching.

My last long term relationship came from OkCupid though. He was building up his Dom side, and we worked quite well together, but he was overwhelmed with work and felt like he couldn't handle our relationship as well, so he ended things.
gypsyprincess​(sub female)
3 years ago • Sep 25, 2020
gypsyprincess​(sub female) • Sep 25, 2020
Ive tried the basics Bumble, Match, Hinge and so on. I tend to be a little more private about this so I would bring it up kind of organically in a conversation if I could. Cant say I met anyone that was into it though. If anything I would get weird questions that made me wonder if they were actually just borderline abusive. Then there were the guys that said they would try it but that didnt give me a lot of confidence. I tried Fet as well but like lot of other people have said that's not really the best.
rabrabbit​(sub female)
3 years ago • Sep 26, 2020
rabrabbit​(sub female) • Sep 26, 2020
I think it depends on your age range. If you're in your 20's and kinda caually looking id say tinder and bumble are perfectly fine. Yes there's weird dates and convos that never get anywhere, but I've had a couple successes.

I kinda hint like a chain and candle emoji so id they're looking, they'll see it but it's also easy to overlook, and that's fine by me.
Maxibon
3 years ago • Sep 27, 2020
Maxibon • Sep 27, 2020
I've had some great success on Bumble and Hinge. I openly state that I'm in a non-monog relationship so the matches I get tend to be people who are okay with that. There's also a common assumption that i'm into crazy stuff (because of the open relationship) so it works well.
banditswild
2 years ago • Jul 9, 2021

Not really into the app thing

banditswild • Jul 9, 2021
I am pretty busy as it is with work, hobbies, and bettering myself through meditation and yoga (which I recently picked up and absolutely love). Another app in just one more thing that consumes my time, energy, and effort that usually end up no where and taking me away from what I enjoy doing.
ThisIsTheWay​(dom male)
ThisIsTheWay​(dom male) • Jul 9, 2021
I am on bumble and here, but I am casually looking, not wanting to rush into anything quite yet so if she comes around and we hit it off then fantastic but if it takes some time than no worries. work and hobbies have been my focus
Jack of all doms​(dom male)
I have rarely found dating sites to be worth my time.

First, they are full if catfish and scammers.

Second, they are like banks in that the people who do best with them need then the least. Just as banks are always looking for and offering loans to wealthy people, dating sites work for the same people who already have more suitors than they want or can realistically deal with.
cherilynn​(sub female)
2 years ago • Jul 16, 2021
cherilynn​(sub female) • Jul 16, 2021
Personally, I really don't like dating sites, both of the vanilla and kinky variety. The cage is the first site I have joined in say...15 or 20 years ( yep, I'm old) where I have had the pleasure of getting to know folks actually worth talking to.

I have had the most success meeting dominant men in my day to day life. They just seem to be drawn to me. I've met men at work, the grocery store, book stores, even the library.
Go figure
ButterfliesAndCuffs​(sub female)
2 years ago • Aug 13, 2021
I’ve had recent success on Tinder just by having “vanilla is for ice cream” in my profile. I’m talking to 2 Doms now and some other men that are less experienced but into some of the same kinks. I haven’t met any of them yet but plan to meet at least a couple of them soon.
VelvetGlove​(dom male)
2 years ago • Aug 13, 2021
VelvetGlove​(dom male) • Aug 13, 2021
My issue with sites like alt is the number of pros there polluting the stream. This has been exacerbated since Craigslist personals got canned because of the high percentage of sex workers there. My experience with vanilla sites is that BDSM-related posts there tend to attract tourists. There used to be a good site called collarme(dotcom I think). Does anyone else remember that one?