Online now
Online now

Who pays for what?

ElizaEmma​(sub female){NotLooking}
3 years ago • Oct 26, 2020
Taramafor wrote:
Quote: As time went by, it became an entitlement, i felt used and it was a point of contention.

This explains a lot about your other posts on the matter.

Here's the thing. If you felt used it's likely for OTHER reasons. Maybe in that specific situation it ended up as being "used". But do not make the mistake of comparing that to HAVING to be used either. What I'm wondering is what other events resulted in feeling used to begin with. It's got to be more then just simply paying for expenses.

Personally work makes me super depressed. I'm more upbeat and fun when I'm the loyal hound waiting for an owner to come home. Depressed isn't fun. Upbeat is. That doesn't mean I can't work at all, it simply means I need to do things in my own time and in my own way. I have to focus on ME. If I don't have entertainment throughout the day I'm going to go nuts. And that's not even a metaphor. I'd only even consider working with someone if they don't assume I can't do the job when I've proven over and over I can. But I need to do it MY way. Without someone breathing down my neck or being judgemental and disproving if I'm having fun while focusing. I hate that. "Spying". And "mistrusting easily". I also don't give a shit about how things appear to be. Or "Putting on an image" to kiss buttcheeks. Do you want the damn JOB done or not? Caring more about appearances then results has run many a business into the ground. Assuming being iron fisted which raises stress levels to get results has done the same. The most efficient way to get a job done is to relax AND work. BOTH. But how many jobs let you do that at the same time? Nah, just stand there, look pretty, do as told and nevermind the fact you could be happy while you're here.

Anything computer related working from home would be ideal. There's a damn good reason people learning to code have cold drinks and computer games to play. And there's a damn good reason they're so damn efficient. They relax WHILE they work. The reduction of stress gets better results. These people are highly talented and sought after. Compare that to a standard slave labour job where you get used. I have my flaws but I have enough respect for myself to not set the example of being taken advantage of.

Sidenote though. Working with traffic (things like setting cones, laying tar, etc) is pretty lax. They won't care if you're on a laptop to entertain yourself and pass the time. But if anything I'd probably start my own text adventure game online with it being donation funded. Which has been proven to work out. It's a small enough area to have a high enough number of interested people in the area and I know for a fact I can put in lots of ideas. I'm more of a "Write and implement ideas" guy then a coder though. That's why Fenoxo and Steven work together (they made corruption of champions and trials in tainted space). They compliment each others skills. Probably learn from each other too. Always considered youtubing since I game a lot. But that means games themselves have to be good. Few good ones coming out so could be a good time to do so (baldur's Gate 3 for example. The 2nd being one of the best RPGs of all time). This also brings up sponsoring, which people sometimes get you to do in youtube. Love Markipliers approach to that. He keeps things honest without kissing ass cheeks. He wins out because he's honest. The people that sponsor him get mentioned. No impliation of deception. Win-win on both accounts.

... What? I might be a jobless bum but I know tactics. Happens when you play enough of the old fire emblem games among others where you have to use your head to win. You just start putting that ability to other areas. I don't let the system use me. I use it.

Yes, we all know about how the great minds in the tech world do. And while I would be bored to tears without work, there is no need to justify your jobless situation. It is strictly between you and your partner and the UK taxpayers.

As to the system, I simply re-create (a very tiny part) that affects me and make it suit my purpose! icon_smile.gif. And I just realized I am somewhat of a brat at work.
Low{BLK OWND}
3 years ago • Oct 26, 2020
Low{BLK OWND} • Oct 26, 2020
Speaking personally
Both my Dom and mu cuck hubby provide and pay in most instances
I do work I'm a medical professional and I do chip in with bills or whatever is needed when I want but it's never been a requirement
While my hubby is a total cuck in bed he is Alpha all other times and providing is something he does consistently and well
bunnyowl​(sub female)
3 years ago • Oct 28, 2020
bunnyowl​(sub female) • Oct 28, 2020
It really depends on what you mean by "pay". Each relationship is different. Does the Dom require so much time of the sub that the sub cannot complete the tasks and work? What are each other's preferences. I think lumping this into a one-size-fits-all makes no sense. If the vanilla world has varied positions on this, then this world will have even more varied ways to look about it.

All in all - does the relationship feel equal as a whole? If money is the main dynamic, it is not a relationship to be in.
Cressida Clytie​(masochist female){Taken}
It actually depends on the capabilities of each other and how much they like each other.

For my previous dynamic my Daddy Dom is from Australia, but he can't travel during those times due to busy schedule. So I'm willing to go there by myself shouldering all the cost (Visa, tickets). I bought my tickets, he booked the hotel. Unfortunately, covid happened and all was canceled.

As for the toys, I bought my own and bought what I like. If he wants a specific toy and if it will be expensive, I will have to say I can't afford it. He can either accept that or treat me with a new toy.

It really depends if you both see each other as an investment or just a pastime. Yes, I know that's harsh but it does happen in real life.
Zhivago
Zhivago • Oct 28, 2020
I would like for her to work a little bit at something she enjoys. I'm going to let my slave have her own bedroom so the money would be used for her and her space.....one thing I would do and I would advise others to do is to set up a retirement account for her and put a certain percentage of her income into it.
Lil Foxy Baby​(sub female)
Lil Foxy Baby​(sub female) • Oct 28, 2020
Well in my opinion I think it should be whatever the couple decides. As in a vanilla relationship. Both partners need to talk about expectations, and come to an agreement.
Taramafor​(sub male)
3 years ago • Oct 30, 2020
Taramafor​(sub male) • Oct 30, 2020
Quote: Personally, I think equally splitting the “bill.” You’re both bringing forth something to the dynamic.

But what ELSE is being brought into the dynamic?

It's not just "This one situation". It's "Who's bringing in what across the board". What if someone brings everything when you bring little? And what if in trying to make it about "equal in all things" is why you can't bring more together with each other?

Basically, fair across the board might have to involve balancing one sided situations. If X is one sided in your favor and Y is one sided in their favor with Z being "equal" then a (basic) formula could be X X Y Y Z Z.

Two X's. Two Y's. Two Z's. Z is already balanced out by default. X and Y balance each other out due to "Give and take" in "equal" amounts. It's not quite that simple of course but it should present the general idea.