Online now
Online now

What do you do if you see someone drop?

Bunnie
5 years ago • May 7, 2018

What do you do if you see someone drop?

Bunnie • May 7, 2018
I’m interested in suggestions as to what to do (in terms of support), if you recognise that someone is experiencing an intense emotional reaction (aka drop) after a scene/play.
*edited
DrWakko
DrWakko • May 7, 2018
What do you do when you recognize drop? The answer is nothing. Every person has their own way to deal with drop. Some people want to be left alone to cry. Some want to eat. Some do their own thing. None of these ways are wrong. It all depends on the person.

I suggest just being there if they need you. That is the best thing you can do. Most drop lasts for about 3-5 days. If you feel that they aren't coming out of a drop check in on them. It might be more than just drop.

DW
    The most loved post in topic
DrWakko
DrWakko • May 7, 2018
Wakko edit:

The Top playing with this person should be checking in on the bottom to see how they are doing. And the bottom should also check in on the Top. Since Top Drop is a thing (just never talked about).

Unless it was negotiated differently its up to the Top. However being a friend never hurts.
MasterNeil77722​(dom male)
I agree with DrWakko{HanSoloist}. Beyond making sure (as much as you can be) that the person is safe, about all you can do is letting that person know a friend is available and can be there if needed. Does not hurt to check in periodically too.
BottomKatie
BottomKatie • May 7, 2018
Just being there helps. A lot. I say this as someone who has been battling drop for eight days and is definitely experiencing the version that feels more like grieving. I can’t imagine how much worse it would be if I didn’t have friends to talk to.
redcutie​(dom trans woman)
5 years ago • May 10, 2018
redcutie​(dom trans woman) • May 10, 2018
Hello icon_smile.gif

I agree with others. The most important is being for the person if she needs to. We all have different ways to deal with a drop. Some like to have someone around others like being alone. Maybe if you know the person better and know what works best with them you can support them in that.

About top drop they arent talked about as much but can be just as hard to deal with. I wittnessed a top drop in one of my prior doms and its definitely a thing. I just gave him some time to recover and was there when he needed to talk which was all he needed.