Online now
Online now

Information cards

SubtleHush​(sub female)
3 years ago • Apr 11, 2021
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Apr 11, 2021
I've never seen anyone with cards.

If someone gave me their card I'd think it was a mass marketing thing to save them time. So I would toss it anyway.
Miki
3 years ago • Apr 12, 2021
Miki • Apr 12, 2021
Rivermxl wrote:
I have seen such cards, most often they include the following:

- Name (Or placeholder)
- Role (dom, sub, switch)
- Location (As precise as state)
- Kinks
- Limits
- Pictures (often generic "sexy" ones but can be of you, some use explicit some just show parts)

I don't have any or know exactly how they're used in forums but that's what I can offer.

Yes Mr. Kiev I knew about these, but didn't have to put up with many.. Imagine a gal sitting at a bar and some tool comes up, "Hey bayyybeee!! I'm a cool dude in a loose mood, here's my card. Look me up!" -- and on the back it said in fancy print "Hot Sheets!"

Just seems kind of tacky to me.

Reminds me of the old days one might see on an old TV show where business types made deals on a golf course and some young schmuck selling something hands them his card.

---------------------------------------

But to adjust what River put:

Name:

Role:

Kink:

Thumbnail:

and a special one none has mentioned let alone thought of;

(directed at dudes)

Max Pleasure Potential Rated in Blow Jobs per Hour:

(with 2 subsets):

"Hands Free"

and

"While Spanking his Bishop"

Oh yeah, almost forgot:

Braces: N

(A "Y" would tend to have them pack up their hammers and run away.)

In general, aside from handing this shit out in a social setting, what is one supposed to do? Tack one on the nearest bulletin board (if any) Tape them to the wall next to the men's shithouse? Leave them on the fucking bus or train?

I suppose in the case of the latter, without being written on the card it would imply "Yes, I Ride the Train!!"

Admittedly, it has potential, but still I just can't dig it.
SugarCookie​(sub female)
SugarCookie​(sub female) • Apr 12, 2021
I've seen "cards" online only. Personally I'm not a fan of them. If someone wants to know something about me they can ask. But that's just my opinion.
Miki
Miki • Apr 12, 2021
After talkng to a friend on a PM I realized that physical cards aren't the big thing. Not any more. Just a "virtual" card but still, personally, a bit tacky.
SubtleHush​(sub female)
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Apr 12, 2021
Miki​(masochist female) "After talking to a friend on a PM I realized that physical cards aren't the big thing. Not anymore. Just a "virtual" card but still, personally, a bit tacky."

This reminds me of the empty profiles some folks have. Just one line. "Ask me anything"
All I can think is, "sure so I took the time to make a profile at least to give you some core info about me. And you did what? Put your name on a website and now you expect me to do all the work to ask you all the right questions when you couldn't be bothered to put even the basics down?"

A lack of effort at hello guarantees a lack of effort throughout.
Miki
Miki • Apr 12, 2021
I keep mine relatively thin to underscore the fact that I'm Not Looking and too much personal shit just tends to encourage dudes to write PMs and offering something.

No Online BDSM, No Travel for meet and play, and No Travel to Me for same.. I'm here for conversation and to see if there's anything helpful I can chip-in to forum threads. It's really that simple. By and large they finally seem to get it, but every now and then comes an "offer".

It's no more fun to say "No, Thanks" than it is to read it.
K y i v
K y i v • Apr 12, 2021
Miki --My lust! Chill out! I posted my card I have had for decades on my profile.. contact info blurred so you don't stalk my ass.. It is given only when a connection happens, like in a busy , noisy club when both consent to further contact. Much easier to remember the next day!

I will post on my profile pics now.
Miki
Miki • Apr 12, 2021
I wasn't talking to you.

I was giving a general answer to the content of the post above me. (Not the specific post or its author, either.)

I do not need to "chill out".

I simply explained why I keep a thinly-worded profile, because I have seen multiple times in here people bitching about thin profiles and the "Short Answer" would have been:

"My Profile Too Thin? Tough Shit. I wrote all I needed to. Deal with it, or keep walking."

Again not directed at you or anyone in particular!

It's a "General Personal Policy Statement"
ElizaEmma​(sub female){NotLooking}
Miki wrote:
I keep mine relatively thin to underscore the fact that I'm Not Looking and too much personal shit just tends to encourage dudes to write PMs and offering something.

Cannot agree more. Recently there seems to be some “thin profile shaming” going on. I am not looking either, and the nature of my work requires tons of discretion, so why do I want to share every personal detail with the whole world?
SubtleHush​(sub female)
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Apr 12, 2021
Miki wrote:

ElizaEmma​(sub female){NotLooking}
Cannot agree more. Recently there seems to be some “thin profile shaming” going on. I am not looking either, and the nature of my work requires tons of discretion, so why do I want to share every personal detail with the whole world?

Oh, I don't think you have to have a huge profile. You tailor it to what you want. My reference was about men who bitch they can't find anyone, pr there aren't any serious women online, but they want the sub to do all the work and cannot imagine why that isn't working out for them lol
Kiev{ Karma } She wasn't talking to you.