Online now
Online now

Relationship vs Dynamic

Miki
2 years ago • Aug 22, 2021
Miki • Aug 22, 2021
I second the point made further up on the thread. A D/s dynamic is a relationship.

But I know you meant "romantic relationship in a D/s dynamic".

Very possible and perhaps more frequent than many realize. So it's possible, but in the end, it's up to the feelings and motivations of the dynamic's "components".
rosethorn​(sub female)
2 years ago • Aug 23, 2021

Thanks

rosethorn​(sub female) • Aug 23, 2021
Thank you to everyone for responding it's really interesting to hear all of the different perspectives thank you very much
Purple Freesia{Taken}
Purple Freesia{Taken} • Aug 23, 2021
I really don't know what I am talking about when it comes to relationships and dynamics; there are so many words and ways to analyze or conceptualize their meanings.

But, here goes;

relationships; how people (and sometimes innate objects) relate to each other. I have a pretty awesome relationship with my bed - meaning it comforts me and helps me get the rest I need. On the other hand I also have a pretty awesome relationships with the people I work with - they have my back and I have theirs. I have close relationships with friends and some family - I share things and experiences with them I don't share with others. I have a relationship with My Master - I do as I am told; enough said, right!

dynamics; how fluid is that relationship - does it ebb and flow, is there a push and pull. IS THERE MINDREADING INVOLVED? This is a real thing by the way - I swear My Master knows me so well that He can tell when I am upset before I even know I am upset. At work, like tonight - I literally knew what someone was going to ask for before they asked for it - mindreading right; actually no, this is just experience and a lot of practice and for all intent and purpose, My Master reading my mind that is just experience and practice also.

Therefore, relationships are one thing and dynamics are another - I don't believe one go hand in hand or one can't happen without the other.

What I do know is that if I described my relationship with My Master as a dynamic to my friends - they would definitely look at me funny.
SubtleHush​(sub female)
SubtleHush​(sub female) • Aug 23, 2021
It depends on what you desire.

I submit with my heart and only do both. I admit that there is more challenge when you allow your feelings to get involved. It certainly requires a level of availability and investment that goes far beyond the fun times. Too many seek just the fun or degradation so naturally, they want to compartmentalize what it is that we do.

Just as Ingénue{Anakha} finds emotional attachment disgusting. I find those with her attitude typically have too much emotional baggage for me to invest in. My submission passions is worth much much more.

Human nature is predicated on emotions and attachment. When you see deviations from that, there is always a reason. Look up emotional intelligence.

H*